cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gaijinbuu
Adept I

Re: Shader cache only generates 64KB files?

Dude can you not read?

Let's try this AGAIN this has been an issue that was acknowledged to be caused by AMD's own driver and was fixed in the April 2018 18.5.1 Adrenaline patch. Here are the notes AGAIN https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-5-1 

This is not a game issue, this is an AMD Radeon issue and was confirmed and fixed. Since I doubt you'll actually click the link or read it let me post the "Fixed Issue" section relevant here:

"Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time."

This is not a Destiny problem or else my buddy using an Nvidia card or my buddy using a pre Navi AMD GPU (RX 590) would suffer the exact same issue as me, yet they do not. Why? Because it's a bug that was fixed before and has come back.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Problems you mentioned do not indicate that the problem is still exist for NAVI architecture and the new driver. If you think about this, you may contact AMD. I've read what you're talking about, but I don't think the problem has anything to do with them. Of course for me... Usually, logins or loads take too long without a SSD. I agree with this problem.

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

Again proving you didn't read anything. The issue I've described is the exact same issue they fixed. I specifically mentioned increasingly long loading times. I have a WD SN750 Black nVme with a read speeds up to 3,470 MB/s. Please tell me again how it's my HDD and not the driver software being broken again?

If my friend has a pre navi RX 590 where they have fixed this issue and he has no problems with the same nVme yet I have a navi card with increasingly long loading times it's pretty obvious that the bug that was on the pre navi cards and was fixed now exists on navi cards.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You argue that I don't read your write, just like you say that this problem is driver-related. But I can't prove to you that this problem is not driver-related. Because I deleted the game about a year ago. If someone who has Destiny 2 installed on this forum site, please share your experience with us...

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I'm downloading the game again. This time on Steam. Because I deleted it when it turned to Steam. I will share my experiences. I hope you continue to follow this link.

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

Have you read any of the steam posts re 'load times' ?

Not saying it may not be a driver issue, but there are other factors that may weigh in with the move to steam. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

gaijinbuu wrote:

Default settings when I installed Destiny 2 did not work fine for me. The game would get progressively slower to load taking me anywhere from 5-10+ minutes to load into any event or location. As mentioned it was an issue that was fixed before.

seems to work on my box fine with no fiddling

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Annotation 2019-10-20 211913.png
I took this picture after deleting shader cache buffer. My system took about a minute to create first shader cache and AMD driver successfully created shader cache file for this game. My YouTube sharing was created using OBS Studio software. I also think AMD solved the OBS performance problem.

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

How long did you play? Remember my issue has nothing to due with frame rates. The issue is with increasingly long loading times to get into activities which as stated multiple times is the issue they fixed April 2018 because it was a known bug with their own drivers.

Initially the game starts out fine and everything loads great. After 30 minutes or so those minute or thirty second load times you experienced significantly increase to 5-10 minutes. Frame rate performance has been solid and is a non-issue for me.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I just played for the record. I don't have long-time experience. But I used to play a lot one year ago. And I didn't have a problem. It worked stable for hours. The problem may be different for you. Because GPUs are different. Long-time experience relates to GPU stabilization. I have RX 480.

0 Kudos