cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nellezz
Journeyman III

Screen blinking/going black then back for a second while playing games please help?

I recently got a new pc and updated everything first and got the latest AMD update for my driver and whenever i play Overwatch or whatever i experience the screen blinking black for like a second then returning to the game this only happens when i play games and i am running a Display port to vga adapter. Please help?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: Screen blinking/going black then back for a second while playing games please help?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  Provide your full system info!

The last driver doesn't mean the best driver. Also, i think your DP to VGA adapter may be a source of some problems.

Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 ​ driver.

0 Kudos
nellezz
Journeyman III

Re: Screen blinking/going black then back for a second while playing games please help?

latest?cb=20160714105958I did all that and it still happens but it only happens when there some kinda light transition in game like if its dark and you walk by a bright fire the creen will flicker black and then back to the game. And especially when it shows the Hanamura main menu background in Overwatch it blinks alot.

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

You need to try another games and provide full info about your PC.

0 Kudos
nellezz
Journeyman III

I tried other games and the same happened also: (Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz, AMD RX 480 4GB, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM SATA III HDD, Win 10 Home)

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

Then you need to try your GPU on another PC.

Faulty RX card it is not a rare case.

Also you can try one of another previous driversPrevious

Full model name of your motherboard?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Do you have your computer power plan set to 'high performance? Do you have the 'Power Limit' set to +50? There are 4 steps. Do not change anything else in Overdrive:

AMD graphics performance

0 Kudos
nellezz
Journeyman III

My mother bored is a B250M Bazooka.

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

1.Update BIOS

2.Update chipset and ME drivers

3.Set power limit to +50 ​(Radeon settings>Gaming>Global>Global WattMan)

0 Kudos
nellezz
Journeyman III

Ya ppl said stuff about having to do something with the bios I think reset it but idk anyways how would I do that?

0 Kudos