cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

McVitas
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master shows different things in different views

So I am trying to tune my Ryzen 5600X but have a lot of troubles with it.

For example Curve Optimizer - I have done the optimization and it found some number and I can see it in Curve Optimizer view value -16 and "All Cores" selected. However in home it shows CO Mode: CO - OFF! So which one is it?

I have tried automatic overclocking in Creator Mode. I have typed 500 into Boost Override CPU (I suppose this means 500MHz above base frequency of 3700MHz right?). It has done the test and said success and saved, but again in Home it says Boos Override CPU 0! Max CPU Speed 4650, so I wonder if it's 500 or 0 and how is the Max CPU Speed calculated? It actually never reaches this max speed and if I run Cinebench single core I see one core around 3400. In multicore test this CCD 0 view shows cores reaching 3800, but this is still well below this max CPU speed which Ryzen Master shows. Seems like these values are all quite confusing and misleading. I have the latest motherboard BIOS and latest Ryzen Master.

Motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2

What works is manual overclocking and when I have set all cores to 4000 then it really is that and also in task manager this is shown, but I don't want a static frequency because of higher temp and power usage obviously. I would rather have it dynamic, but I am not sure what would be the best way to achieve this.

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

From Ryzen Master, Advanced View, Select Curve Optimizer tab then click Copy Current in lower right corner. The display should now show current settings applied.

Boost Override is limited to +200 over stock.

Boost frequency can be limited by a number of factors such as temperature, power limits and core load.

Personally I use Ryzen Master to test certain settings, then apply them in BIOS to make them permanent.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
McVitas
Journeyman III

That's just great... Another question: why is CPUID HWmonitor always showing frequencies like 1000MHz bigger then Ryzen Master and task manager? The same is in CPU-Z and HWinfo. So now I don't know which one should I believe. HWInfo says PBO max is 100x46.82 and Boost max is 100x46.5 meaning 4.6GHz. but I have never seen these in task manager or Ryzen Master CCD 0 or Peak speed indicator on top. So what's my CPU frequency?

Also what is the difference between average active frequency and average effective in HWInfo? During Cinebench these two are constantly different: 4,7GHz active and 3,7GHz effective

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

Because the CPU has multiple cores, different applications will display frequency in various ways, some will only show a single aggregate frequency of all cores, some will show frequency per core. Not sure that anyone has figured out Windows Task Manager, if the single frequency it displays is an average of active cores? CPU-Z seems to indicate a single frequency somewhere between base and boost clock. HWInfo I believe will show frequency per core but also in a range base to peak.

If you expand the Core section in Ryzen Master it will show the frequency of each core, this is probably the most accurate of any software as it will also indicate which cores are sleeping and which are active and operating at each specific frequency.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
McVitas
Journeyman III

Both HWInfo and HWMonitor show also frequencies for each core! But as I said, they are very different then what Ryzen Master shows. Anyone else has some explanation?

0 Likes