cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

digdeep
Adept I

Ryzen Master Increased EDC and CPU frequency permanently

Today I installed Ryzen Master to see what will be my score with overclocked cpu to see if its worth to overclock.

Than I uninstalled software and to my suprise saw minimum frequency of CPU is not going to 1.5xxx mhz anymore but it stays at 2.444.7mhz and some cores at 3.667.1 mhz which is not Ok. I tried to change Power settings but nothing changes, frequency only changes if I set it to Power Saving plan, but I dont want that. Before Ryzen Master everything was fine, so I installed it again to see if I can put it to default settings, but Ryzen Master says it is already on stock settings. Ryzen Master also increased EDC value to 99% not just CPU frequency, my temperatures are now around 40C in idle . This is some bug in Ryzen Master as it does not set CPU to default, after uninstallation. Now Im thinking what to do and remembered I can do System Restore, which will hopefully help, but this needs to be fixed even if System Restore will help to resolve the issue because this should not happen.

0 Likes
7 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

You might also check and see if any windows kernel processes aren't busy cleaning up unneeded files after you've just installed or uninstalled a program. This type of thing happens and you have to look at the full process list to see what background processes are using the cpu time.

Also there is the power plan settings to check - these can get foo-barred ocasionally.

0 Likes
digdeep
Adept I

Everything looks fine. Ryzen Master should put Cpu to its stock settings after you click AUTO or Reset profile, but it doesnt. And System Restore somehow doesnt work, it takes forever but in the end doesnt restore I will try to disable CPB in BIOS, restart Windows, Enable it and see if it will help, some say it helps.

Edit: tried it and nothing happened. Where.Ryzen Master changes CPU frequencies and EDC? If I knew maybe I could revert them. Nothing is changed in BIOS.

0 Likes

This guy also have the same problem https://community.amd.com/thread/226086 he tried everything and nothing helped, not even windows reinstallation, bios flash, CMOS reset and after a year he still cant fix the issue.

I tried to flash the BIOS with older AGESA code and it didnt fixed the problem.

Only thing that can help seems to be a CPU flash, but I cant do that without a tool, and CPU RMA. It is not my fault Ryzen Master cant set CPU back to stock settings.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Has ryzen master stopped working altogether? 

Make sure you apply those reversions to default.

You could also just toggle auto on everything and apply this.

Ryzen master is one of those programs that applies its settings at login and checks its history for prior settings, so clear your profile settings from ryzen back to auto.

Make sure nothing strange is going on in creator /  creative mode.

0 Likes

Ryzen Master seems to work fine, but Reset dont work when I apply it and when I set RM to AUTO CPU stays on 3700 mhz and does not go to default settings. Ryzen Master wont return my CPU to default settings. AMD should fix this problem in Ryzen Master or create different tool which will set my cpu to default settings, if that wont be possible I will RMA CPU.

0 Likes
digdeep
Adept I

Dont know what to do, I cleared cmos, put cpu out and back in, but frequencies are still at 3.400-3700mhz in idle.

0 Likes
digdeep
Adept I

Solution is to format disk and reinstall OS.

That helps 1 000 000%! I had the same problem, Ryzen Master increased EDC and CPU frequency and didnt return it to default, I almost did RMA but fresh Windows installation solved the problem. Ryzen Master sometimes wont set CPU back to stock settings, but Windows reinstallation solves that problem.

0 Likes