cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ModifiedAce
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master error "RYZEN MASTER INSTALLATION is prohibited from installation on this system"

I built a PC in December and was thinking of overclocking it to get better gaming performance. Previously to thoughts of overclocking, I had installed Ryzen Master to monitor my CPU's temp and make sure it wasn't overheating. Back to yesterday, I attempted to open Ryzen Master and it hit me with the error: "Ryzen Master unable to initialize. Kindly reinstall the program. Hence aborting!" No big deal, right? Went to uninstall it and started getting the error: "RYZEN MASTER INSTALLATION is prohibited from installation on this system". After some digging online, I found a few posts on Reddit and such that recommended using the Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter. Worked like a charm to uninstall it. Ran the installer to reinstall it and was again hit by he same error of being prohibited. I went to run the Windows troubleshooter again, but now it doesn't show Ryzen Master as an option to install. I've tried redownloading the installer, but to no avail. My PC is running Windows 10 with 16GB of RAM and a Ryzen 5 5600G on a Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard. When I first built the PC, I had to take it to a shop to update BIOS because the APU wasn't supported, but everything has been running well until now. I've looked through the BIOS, but frankly would have no idea what setting to change if something in there was affecting the installation. Any ideas on what's going on?

5 Replies
CharleWang
Adept I

I have the same problem!!!

0 Likes

same problem here, where to get an older version?

0 Likes
freekays
Journeyman III

step 1        \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

"uninstall"                      folder backup

step 2                run Ryzen AMD master setup.exe

step 3               run install import uninstall reg file

step 4               setup next 

0 Likes

what do you mean?

0 Likes

New to this, trying this software on my Z16 laptop. I don't have such items:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Select-String -Pattern 'folder|backup' | Measure-Object

Count : 0

0 Likes