cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pocketmoon
Adept I

Ryzen Master 1.5.1 won't install. "A newer version of this application is already installed"

Hi All,

Trying to install latest Ryzen Master software and I get the error "A newer version of this application is already installed".

Tried uninstalling previous version via 'Add Remove' Software. Uninstall worked fine but error still occurs.

I *think* I've narrowed it down to a problem when the installer runs 'setup.exe' from the QT dependencies subdirectory that gets created during the install process.

Anyone else get this and able to resolve ?

Cheers,

Rob

0 Likes
3 Replies

Try running Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter and see if it deletes all Ryzen Master entries.

I attached the small program to this post. just click on it and download it and run it.

Then try installing Ryzen Master again. If Ryzen Master has a "CLEAN INSTALL" click on that also before starting the installation.

Hi,

No luck.  I think it's related to

C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\MSIFiles\Qt_Dependancies\Setup.exe

That bit is failing.

[edit]   Older version (1.5.0.0728) installs fine.  So it looks like a probem in the way the new version installs Qt dependencies.

Rob

0 Likes

This is an issue which is under investigation, please use this thread to provide your feedback and check for status updates.

Ryzen Master does not start properly