cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gbars
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600X drivers causing BSOD loop

I recently built a new computer and installed the Ryzen 5 5600X drivers from AMD's website. This immediately caused a BSOD loop with kernel mode heap corruption and bad pool caller. No windows recovery options are working and talking with the windows support people didn't resolve the issue. I cant enter safe mode, pretty much the only control I have is with command prompt. Any clue on how to revert the drivers or fix the issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies

The only drivers you initially install are chipset drivers.

Hope you didn't install Storemi without first reading the guide as to whether you need or want it.

Can you boot to bios, have you tried a bootable usb with windows, removed cmos battery to reset bios.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Doc_Holliday
Journeyman III

Did you end up finding a fix? I have created the same issue for myself by downloading Storemi when I didn’t need to…

0 Likes
Fadinajem
Adept I

i was thinking to buy a 5600x . If you find the fix let me know oterwise I will change my plan 

https://soldfy.se/apple-laddare-och-kablar
0 Likes

If the problem started when you installed the chipset drivers could be because of your bios. Are your BIOS drivers updated? sometimes when you have a older bios version and install the newest chipset driver can give issues.

0 Likes