Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_bleh
Adept I

RX5700XT on Win10 - v1903

Hey, 

I hope you can help me. I recently bought a new computer, so it's brand new. 

My specs: 

• Ryzen 9 3900x 
  • Sapphire Radeon RX5700XT 
  • MSI X570-A Pro 
  • 32GB RAM 
  • ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 
  • Win10 Home-edition

I installed the latest build of Windows 10 - v1903. But whenever I want to install the AMD GPU drivers through the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 Optional the installation keeps on crashing during the detection phase. The only thing installed is Windows 10, Chrome and the recent AMD Chipset Drivers. Nothing else... I'm in the process of installing all my drivers and the GPU-drivers are the second thing I tried to install. 

I tried uninstalling the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter with DDU, but it also kept on crashing after removal of the driver. So last night I uninstalled the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in Normal mode via Device Manager and rebooted. Oddly enough the driver now says Radeon RX5700 XT, but the software installation still crashes during the detection phase. 

So can someone help? 

Or if someone can tell me which Adrenalin software works on 1903 that would be appreciated.

Another possibility is to revert to a previous build of Windows. I've got the ISO of v1809. And I'll hopefully can find the ISO of v1803. Anyone knows if the Adrenalin v19.8.2 works on a build for Win10? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

You didn't say how/what method for installing amd drivers, Win10 is known to try and override install.

Try download/save full driver pack direct from amd, then go offline/disconnect/disable ip device.

Start install from downloaded driver pkg and choose 'Custom > Clean install.

Do not reconnect to internet until after all restarts are finished from download.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
mr_bleh
Adept I

I downloaded the recent Adrenalin full driver package. Went offline with Win10 by pulling the internetcable (no wifi).

First I tried just installing the driver package when offline. It installed the C:/AMD-folder and executed. I choose custom install and then it starts to check if there any drivers present on the system. After a while the circle stops spinning and the installation freezes. And then my computer just reboots. 

Next thing I tried was starting up in safemode to perform DDU-clean. DDU notices the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and I chose to recommended option for deleting the driver. That made the system crash too. When rebooted the microsoft-driver is still present. 

Then I went to the package-folder and found U0346134.inf and C0346134.inf and tried installing it through Device Manager. This time Win10 complained that one of those driver wasn't signed. Ordered it to install anyway. Made the computer freeze and reboot. With the microsoft-driver still in place.

So I booted up to disable some force signature setting. After that I removed the microsoft-driver and just rebooted. Oddly enough somehow managed to install some driver because now it's named Radeon RX5700XT in Device manager. 

But the software still freezes my system when installing. Always at the same point with the spinning circle detecting present drivers. 

0 Likes
mr_bleh
Adept I

Okay, yesterday I tried to install the earliest known driver to support the RX5700XT (Adrenalin 19.7.1) on my version of Win10 - v1903. I did this offline. But it kept crashing during the detection phase. 

So I made a clean installation of Win10 - v1809. And I did this offline. After Win10 installed I tried to install the GPU drivers. First Adrenalin 19.8.2 and then Adrenalin 19.7.1. Both crashed during the detection phase. 

Any guesses to what's causing this. Could it be a hardware failure of my GPU? Or the combination with GPU + motherboard? 

0 Likes