cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RiXtn
Adept I

Rx 7900 XTX - cant install driver

I tried every possible solution google and youtube offers but nothing seems to work.

I did a fresh Win11 install and installed all available updates and tried to install the Adrenalin 22.12.2 and even the 22.12.1 driver but I always get the same message.

tried to took a picture but my resolution is so F'ed it could look a bit weird.

Unbenannt3.jpg

I already dissabled the "driver download and replace" option in Win11. 

I am sitting here for 6 hours now and one step away from throwing my whole AMD rig trough the closed window....

Edit: At the Device Manager under Treiberversion (Driver Version) it shows the correct AMD driver number 31.0.14000.61002 so the Display driver should be installed and working...

Unbenannt2.jpg

merry christmas

greetings from Cologne, Germany

0 Likes
1 Solution
RiXtn
Adept I

Okay I have fixed my issues.

Solution: Install the newest X570 Chipsetdrivers for AMD - Revision Number: 4.11.15.342  //  Date: Nov.21.2022

AMD released a new chipset driver (x570) 4 weeks ago. It seems that the old driver is not compatibel with the new gen graphic cards at least for my chipset/board (ASUS ROG Strix x570-E Gaming).

After my fresh Win11 install I used my board software (Armoury Crate Lite Service) to update my drivers AND he downloaded and installed a new chipsetdriver too but it was not the newest and that caused the problem.

make sure you update it manualy

thank you for reading and have a great day

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OutCast
Adept I

Try clean install, use DDU in Safe Mode first to completely uninstall broken driver.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled the driver (in safe mode) with DDU many times

0 Likes
RiXtn
Adept I

Okay I have fixed my issues.

Solution: Install the newest X570 Chipsetdrivers for AMD - Revision Number: 4.11.15.342  //  Date: Nov.21.2022

AMD released a new chipset driver (x570) 4 weeks ago. It seems that the old driver is not compatibel with the new gen graphic cards at least for my chipset/board (ASUS ROG Strix x570-E Gaming).

After my fresh Win11 install I used my board software (Armoury Crate Lite Service) to update my drivers AND he downloaded and installed a new chipsetdriver too but it was not the newest and that caused the problem.

make sure you update it manualy

thank you for reading and have a great day