Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pakiao28
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XT drivers keep crashing while playing Naraka Bladepoint

Hi,

While I play Naraka Bladepoint randomly between 10min and 1hour my amd drivers crashes and my game stops working. I don't have any undervolt or oc, only PBO activated in the bios.

Ive played other games like World of Warcraft, Dayz, Cyberpunk 2077, Diablo 4 and It never happens.

My setup

r5 5600x

16gb Ram

RX 7900 XT

SDD 2tb

motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming with the newest bios update.

windows 11

drivers 23.7.1, tested 23.7.2 and nothing changes drivers keep crashing.

4 Replies
Kharliar
Journeyman III

Hi,

i have the same issue since the Naraka anniversary update from approximatively 1 month ago (June?July?), on latest AMD Adrenalin drivers available at that time, and the problem is still here today... (+ i've been reporting it with the AMD report tool that appears at each crash)

running on Windows 11 also with a 7900 XT

but on different pieces of hardware :

- CPU : i5-12400F

- RAM : Ripjaw F5 32 Gb DDR5 6000 MHz

- Motherboard : B660-F Asus rog strix

- SSD : Crucial P3

- PSU : 1000 Watt 

I've tried the following :

- against bots / ranked / normal matches, I still crash everywhere

- put graphics to minimum

- verify game files with steam

- fullscreen / windowed / borderless

- quit discord

- quit Ghub

- quit SteelSeries GG

- unistall the game (+ CCleaner for cache / registry keys / then restart computer / reinstall)

- unistall AMD Adrenalin (+ CCleaner for cache / registry keys / then restart computer / reinstall)

- i've tried to modify virtual RAM : "inital" with 1.5x RAM capacity (in Mo) / "maximum" with 3x RAM capacity (in Mo)

- update drivers with "driver booster 10"

nothing seems to work, sometimes I crash when there is still 4 mins of game to play but in 95% of the cases I crash between 18-22 mins on the top left in game timer

0 Likes
Pakiao28
Journeyman III

Did the same things u did, sometimes i can play 1 hour even more without crashes and sometimes crashing 5min after launch, now i bought Baldur's Gate 3 and i've got the same problem random crashes between 5min-2hours.

0 Likes

I did manage to get a workaround for Naraka, it seems to work with drivers 23.5.1 (roll-back) from their website : https://www.amd.com/fr/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-790... 

(sorry this is the french version of the site, if you want to find it yourself, just go to amd adrenalin's website > download > driver > pick the serie 7000 until you reach 7900 xt > below "SLED" find the redirection link to "previous drivers", and then check for the version 23.5.1, or another one if you want to)

with this one I could play as you normally would, but I somehow had a complete computer freeze (instead of just the game) once in 20 games, I don't know if this is something that could happen again...

About Baldur's Gate 3, I didn't had the chance to play it atm, but feel free to tell me if 25.5.1 does better with BG3

0 Likes

I've recently tried Baldur's Gate 3 :

- doesn't work with 23.5.1 (which can play Naraka)

- works with 23.7.2 (which can not play Naraka)

I've also updated to 23.8.1 (august update), but Naraka still doesn't work with it...

0 Likes