cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

madmatt2024
Journeyman III

RX 6950XT Monitor Keeps Waking Up

I have a PC that I built around a year ago. It has an Asrock Phantom Gaming RX 6950XT graphics card which I have connected to two monitors via DisplayPort and a TV via HDMI
The main display is an LG 34GN850 (1440P Ultrawide 144hz) and the secondary is an AOC 24G2S (1080P 165hz)
I have the monitors set to sleep after around 10 minuets and at that point both monitor go to sleep. After around 30sec though, the LG's backlight turns back on and it displays a black screen with the little "DisplayPort" in the corner indicated the input. After a minute or two, it shows the "Turning off due to lack of signal" message and turns off. Then the cycle repeats and will continue indefinitely until I move the mouse to wake the screens up again. During this whole time, the AOC monitor stays off like it's supposed to. The strange part is, if AMD Adrenalin detects that a new driver version is out and the black box with "AMDAutoUpdate.exe" displayed at the top shows up, everything works correctly until the PC is rebooted. I've also been able to make everything work correctly by switching which monitor is the primary display, but that also only works until the PC is rebooted. The issue also doesn't happen if I connect the LG monitor via HDMI but I can't get the full refresh rate because it's only HDMI 2.0.

I've had a long running exchange with LG regarding this issue which included sending the monitor in for repair, something being replaced (I assume the logic board) and the issue being unresolved. They just told me that because switching the primary monitor fixes the issue until the PC is rebooted that it's a graphics driver issue and that I need to "contact the PC maker". So far I've tried 3 different DisplayPort cables, unplugging the TV from the GPU, uninstalling all graphics drivers in safe mode using DDU and installing the latest version, disabling Freesync, and doing an in place reinstall of Windows 10. I should also state that when the PC is being used everything works perfectly fine. Is there anything that I'm missing here? This post from 2020 is somewhat similar to mine but I've already tried replacing the cable and it doesn't fix it.
https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/rx6800-monitor-constantly-wake-from-standby/td-p/430885

0 Likes
0 Replies