cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ReaperMopar
Adept II

RX 6800 XT Black Screen Crashing

I have had my RX 6800 XT for awhile and it has been running great but for about the Last 4 to 5 months I my Monitors will all Randomly go Black while playing any Game and it causes me to have to Restart my PC and Uninstall my GPU in Device Manager and Scan for Hardware changes and it will come back I have Connected to my PC through Remote desktop and I have seen the Error Messages stating the Driver Crashed or the 3D Accelerator Crashed and this Issue is getting annoying I have also updated my Driver's multiple times hoping it would get fixed so I'm on the Current 23.9.3 Driver and my BIOS is Update

Gigabyte Aorus X670 Elite AX | Ryzen 7 7700X | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 XT | EVGA Supernova 1000W PSU 

0 Likes
1 Reply
mx1
Journeyman III

I have this exact same issue on my 6800XT, I've read other posts and many people suggest disabling any hardware acceleration for background tasks like discord, web browsers, digital stores like steam, etc. I have done this as a workaround but I still get this issue at least once daily.

Here's a link to the post I used for reference:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/6800xt-black-screen-and-system-freeze/m-p/543394

0 Likes