Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RedGear
Adept I

RX 6700XT stutters

Hi guys.
For a month and a half now I have been trying to remove stutters during which the % use of system resources drops to 0.
I’ve already changed the power supply, motherboard, processor, Windows, drivers and, frankly speaking, I’m tired. If I had noticed this joke earlier, I would have returned the video card, but for some reason these freezes are not present in Cyberpunk 2077 and during the entire period with the possibility of replacement/return, I played it. On the 1050ti, nothing like this happens on the same system. (UPD) now cyberpunk also have same problem.
my hardware.
GPU - Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC 12G (don't overheat)
CPU -  AMD Ryzen 7 5700X (don't overheat)
Motherboard - Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2
PSU - Gigabyte Aorus P850W 80+ Gold Modular
RAM - HyperX DDR4-2666 16384MB/ CL16-18-18 (I'll change it to 3200 in a couple of days)
+ I have two monitors connected via HDMI. Now I’ll try it on one... what if something changes.
The page file is turned off, the system is in performance mode, AMD energy saving is turned off.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and can this be solved at the software level? 
Problem examples in video.
Green artifacts are not visible during the game, most likely the video at such moments is saved with errors.

0 Likes
1 Solution

For some reason, replacing the RAM from 16GB/2666 to 32GB/3200 helped me. True, while I was looking for a solution, I managed to assemble a second computer in an attempt to replace a faulty part... and the RAM was the last thing I suspected. bruh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RedGear
Adept I

https://youtu.be/p6ar9CE-0n4 

link to YouTube if the video doesn't load here. sorry for the bad quality.

0 Likes

I have a 6800 and Resizable BAR was causing intermittent stutter issues similar to this in BIOS, Windows, during Unigine Superposition benchmark, once during 3DMark, and COD Warzone.

Disabling Resizable BAR resolved most of these issues for me.

You can try the following. If one doesn't work, try the next one while leaving the previous changes in place:

1. In BIOS, disable Resizable BAR.
  2. In BIOS, disable Above 4G Decoding.
  3. In BIOS, try disabling fTPM (if you use Secure Boot I believe this must be enabled, so research before disabling).

After trying the above, you may want to try clean installing the AMD GPU drivers again. 24.3.1 caused issues for me. 24.2.x was ok. I'm running 23.12.1 with good stability with ReBAR disabled.

Overall, during this process you'll want to:

1. Ensure the chipset drivers from your motherboard's website are installed. Depending on your CPU, you may need to install the latest chipset drivers from AMD's site. You will have to research to confirm this for your setup.
  2. Ensure Windows isn't overwriting your motherboard's and/or AMD's chipset drivers or GPU drivers. There are guides on how to disable this.
  3. Consider disabling XMP/EXPO on your RAM during testing unless you're confident it's stable.
  4. Consider a CMOS reset on your mobo and reflash latest non-beta BIOS. Note: some BIOS require a specific previous version to be installed before a more recent version can be installed.
RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

For some reason, replacing the RAM from 16GB/2666 to 32GB/3200 helped me. True, while I was looking for a solution, I managed to assemble a second computer in an attempt to replace a faulty part... and the RAM was the last thing I suspected. bruh

0 Likes

I didn't suspect RAM either. Glad it worked for you.

It'd be worth running MemTest64 on the old RAM to see if the sticks are faulty or if they may have not been seated properly in the mobo.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes