Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Inssengrimm
Journeyman III

RX 6600 Pulse Black Screen.

Hello.

I've got an RX 6600 a few months back, till this past friday it was performing just fine.
Then as i was playing the display went black, still had sound and inputs but no image, the only solution was to force restart the system to be greeted by a message of incompatibility between drivers and software.

After a clean install using DDU and even uninstalling drivers before from device manager, nothing, the problem persist and is completely random.
I've got crashes in games like Path of Exile with certain consistency, then i've played other titles for hours without a problem, and as random as getting a black screen right after logging into windows... Now i live in a paranoid state of "when is going to fail" - So fall the worse part is im not able to play what i was playing, path of exile that is. 

I use the GPU with a modest underclock and undervolt since my display supports freesync from 45 to 75, which is quite low and the GPU is more than capable for that so i don't need that much power, but the problem persist with whatever profile i use, software presets, auto presets and the manual preset i use.

Right now i've got it between the website specs of 2000 to 2400 and the 1125mv which is the minimun the auto-undervolt suggest. I haven't touched the VRAM overclock, again, i don't need that much juice out of the card. 

So far i've tried:

Clean install of drivers several times.
Uninstalling whole chipset.
Force PCI-E gen 3 through BIOS (was in auto).
BIOS was updated before for a CPU upgrade.

What i haven't tried is to disable freesync, which the whole reason i went from a GTX 1060 into an AMD card to begin with...

My full specs are:

MB: Msi Gaming Plus X370.
CPU: Ryzen 5700X. (Clocked at 4.2ghz and 1.2v)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 32Gb at 3200mhz.
PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 12M 750w.
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX6600 (2000-2400mhz range - 1125mv)

0 Likes
0 Replies