Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

heisus
Adept I

RX 6600 CSGO slow loading + workaround

Hello.

In 2022 I have bought an RX 6600, in November, since then I have played different games, including CSGO (one of the games that I am playing the most). I have noticed that it takes too much time for the maps to load (around 2 minutes). First time I thought it is because I am using Windows 11, so a few weeks ago I have started to test with Windows 10 and I've got the exact same results. I have tried with driver 22.5.1 and 22.11.2, and again the same result. Recently I have discovered that if I am spamming ALT + TAB for few times it loads way faster (around 20-30 seconds). I hope it gets fixed, because in the past I didn't have hade any problems with R9 380x or even GTX 750 Ti.

I have to mention that I have tested even with XMP disabled, it is the same. And I have installed the latest AMD Chipset driver for B550. And I have tried with SAM and Above 4g decoding disabled, and it is the same.

PC specs:

• Ryzen 5 5600g (I've left it on auto settings because I see no reason for OC on that CPU)

• RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse

• 16GB (2x8 G.Skill FlareX 3200 C14, XMP Enabled)

• B550 Aorus Elite V2

• 256GB SATA SSD for OS

• 1TB WD SN850 for games

• 500GB WD Blue HDD for other stuff and some games when I have no space on the other SSD

• 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze

• Windows 11 Build 22621.1194 Insider Preview (Release Preview channel)

Here is a link to a video I have recorded to show you that when I am spamming ALT + TAB it loads faster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtclNngoFQ&ab_channel=MRC 

0 Likes
1 Solution
PlazticBag
Adept I

If youre still having issues with being stuck on retrieving server info aka stuck with map loading on amd gpu,

Open Adrenaline>Settings>Record&Stream>Media  Turn on Instant Replay

(Yes I know its sounds ridiculous) but it actually fixes it, idk about performance wise but mine is playable with vysnc tripple buffered max settings(open GL Tripple Buffering and antilag via gaming tab on adrenaline) I didnt discover this on my own i just figured i would share around since amd doesnt really bother.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PlazticBag
Adept I

If youre still having issues with being stuck on retrieving server info aka stuck with map loading on amd gpu,

Open Adrenaline>Settings>Record&Stream>Media  Turn on Instant Replay

(Yes I know its sounds ridiculous) but it actually fixes it, idk about performance wise but mine is playable with vysnc tripple buffered max settings(open GL Tripple Buffering and antilag via gaming tab on adrenaline) I didnt discover this on my own i just figured i would share around since amd doesnt really bother.

Thanks for info, it looks like it worked. Weird fix. The good part is that I haven't affected my performance. I have set the Instant Replay on small quality. And another good part is that on CS2 it doesn't happen no matter what. So I think it has something to do with DX9 and RDNA2.

0 Likes

God bless you my friend. This problem was bothering me a lot, thanks to you it has been solved.