cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AliMotiwala
Journeyman III

RX 590 Drivers Crashing on any GPU activity.

Hi Everyone,

I am facing an issue, that my The LCD enters into power saving mode whenever I open a game or any benchmark software, and the drivers crash, it give me these errors.

AliMotiwala_0-1683362915829.png

AliMotiwala_1-1683362930564.png

AliMotiwala_2-1683362949896.png

I have tried many troubleshooting options, which include:

1. Updating my GPU drivers.

2. Uninstalling using AMD driver clean tool, and reinstalling the latest and old drivers.

3. Updating my windows and then later upgrading to new windows 11.

I tried other solutions too which are available on the internet, but none worked!.

I have tried another GPU on the same system and it worked absolutely fine.

Kindly help, otherwise I might have to buy a new GPU.

0 Likes
5 Replies
jsk68
Challenger

Does your GPU have a dual bios switch? if it does, switch it to the alternate bios and give it a try.

0 Likes
AliMotiwala
Journeyman III

Thanks for your timely reply,

I tried the solution you suggested, My GPU do have the dual bios switch, but it didn't work, it still got crashed after I did stress test by using AMD Adrenaline Software, it gave me same error that it gave last time. The test took about 3 minutes before crashing, temps were normal @75 degrees, not very high for the area I live, it's pretty hot here.

If anyone else can suggest something else that could work, I would be very grateful.

0 Likes

Are you sure your power supply is good? I just had one fail and that's what it would do. (crash when i stressed the gpu)

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

only time I've experienced driver timeouts wat due to an inadequate power supply .. it was a Thermaltake RGB Smart 500wtt 80 Plus (White rated) PSU. Swapped it out with a Segotep 600wtt 80+ Gold PSU and all my wife's GPU driver timeouts and other issues that at first I thought was due to a failing GPU .. went away

ThreeDee PC specs
xcile92
Adept II

gpu runs bad with a 450w psu also runs poorly with a terrible chassis with poor cooling methods. it could be auto OC being a buggy mess. i've tested my OC at a custom state to 1625mhz "Custom because Auto bugs out sometime" if i go over it refuses to accept. it could be that power saving settings is bottleknecking what you want it for and thats gaming. also AMD made the GPU to support only DX12 not DX12.1 or DX12.2 Ultimate. im using the Strix RX590 and im running it pretty stable on AMD 23.4.3. if i wanted to run RDR2 it hates my GPU as that is DX12.1. i have replaced the stock thermal to Arctic MX6 Ultimate and it holds quite nicely. my chassis supports 7 Fans keeping it proper aired.  my OC custom states for radeon software is current at ST0:300/ST1:950/ST2:1055/ST3:1155/ST4:1295/ST5:1415/ST6:1545/ST7:1625. every other option is on auto. in total with my hardware when gaming i use around 450w thanks to my monitoring smart tapo plug when i have installed a 850w PSU. my CPU is on auto OC. and we all know FX gets toasty so my Dual CPU cooler fans are always on max RPM. my system can run some DX12 games but struggles massively even to run RE4R at FHD but doable, but open world DX12 gamescan be a huge struggle even big games like WZ2.0 luckily im working on a new "R7 5700X/ RX5500XT OC8GB" PC Build soon. oh and that AMD Software error message is because you have installed the MS Updates version of the GPU Driver that didnt come with the official AMD Radeon software thats why you have the error so reinstall AMD Radeon with the newest 23.4.3 and that will fix your issues. Running radeon with MS driver installed causes that specific error. it cant be helped sometimes when doing Windows updates. as it slips through on my pc sometimes. im looking forward to play new DX12 and DX12.1 games after i have finished my new PC. im gonna keep my old FX pc and install a XP supported GPU for retro gaming. luckily for me i have a R7 240 2GB GPU for XP. also RX590 runs beautifully with many DX11 and DX9 games. Saints Row is nice to play and so is GTAV. also monitor your system with CPUID HWMonitor and Radeons Overlay metrics. if being a PC user ticks your off then go and buy a XSX. wow sorry have to share this. just checked my highest clock on my cpu recorded at over 5.1ghz. also some game developers can be tight gits and make them exclusive for Nvidia GFX and Intel. like RDR2, GB: Spirits Unleashed [no fsr but nvdia's or intel 'X' something] back around 2018-2023.