cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

VestigialVortez
Journeyman III

RX 580 black screen when launching game

Hey everybody, I feel my issue is rather complicated given that I’ve tried multiple potential ways to fix my situation to no avail. I’ve recently been having trouble with running games on my RX 580 for more than a few seconds before my monitor black screens and I have to restart. Each time I’ve had to do this, I’ve been met with an incompatible driver message screen and no working way to access the Radeon software without reinstalling. I’ve tried multiple methods to resolve this with no success, so I thought I’d list the methods I’ve tried that have failed for ease of troubleshooting:

1. Rolling back driver updates
2. Disabling windows updates
3. DDU in safe mode and uninstalling drivers
4. Disabling integrated Intel graphics driver
5. Under clocking my clock speed
6. Checking PSU for faults (it stays on after screen goes black and rest of components seem fine)

I’ve tried everything under the sun that I could think of and no cigar. I’ve had my gpu for only a couple years now, so I can’t imagine I need thermal paste replacement that quickly. If anyone has any insight it’d be greatly appreciated, I can provide any further clarification as well since I may have missed a few things.

0 Likes
0 Replies