cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AZMoosie
Journeyman III

RX-580 amdwddmg DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Bug check 9F daily

This issue started perhaps 5 to 6 months ago, probably after I updated the Radeon software/drivers.  At first the crashes seemed to occur overnight, presumably while the computer was in sleep mode.  After a few successive Radeon updates, the problem changed a bit, but it was the same driver identified each time.  

I have since allowed the Radeon updater to determine 'the best driver for my Windows 10-64bit system'.  It actually back leveled the drivers.   For 11 days there were no crashes until two days ago - they are back, twice a night.  I have used WhoCrashed to analyze the dump files, and each time, the same driver is identified.

I have read many horror stories about recent Radeon software, especially from gamers, which I am not.  I have tried a few of the more reasonable suggestions to no avail, so now I'm back at the older driver package.  Some of the suggestions involve replacing the Radeon hardware/software with Nvidia products.  I really don't want to go there for financial reasons, so I'm about to try the drivers that were released on 03/24/22.

FWIW, I have not experienced any other issues with the RX-580 in any mundane applications like Word, Excel, Outlook, videos, etc.

Any current suggestions, other than Nvidia, would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
DontTouchMeThere
Journeyman III

Try this- if for no other reason than to say "yeah, I checked that too". Check your Windows update logs under "Driver updates". I nearly lost my mind and went through 2 motherboards trying to solve the problem and threatened everyone except the culprits. Yeah, how embarrassing... Windows was giving my Windows 10 pc "updates" that had them deleting necessary drivers for graphics, audio and other things and replacing them with generic versions from them that completely failed at operating those components correctly. Non-HD video drivers for my Radeon RX580 and 2.0 audio drivers instead of the 7.1 Dolby ones and not seeing a Toslink digital connection to my Onkyo HTR not to mention parts of my basic Windows configuration. I mean who would have thought that my dang OS was undermining everything? Bill has obviously gotten a God complex now and hes buying up every inch of farmland he can get his hands on and telling us his setup is law and we will like it!

This was supposed to be the configuration that was best, non conflicting setup for my PC but it was already the best! The first time it happened was a week or so after I first set it up and in that week life was beautiful! Now it's any time I try load the right ones again and restart my computer- they're already gone.

That they think this is acceptable is ludicrous. When I speak to MS tech support it I'm amazed they don't say "**bleep**! We are so sorry, here, try this" (kidding). They did walk my through some registry mods to stop Windows from modifying any drivers, which did work for a minute but eventually both "fix's" reverted to Bills slop.

Well, at least I know what's going on now so I can cancel all my plans of climbing up into the clock tower and... well, I don't have too now so that's good.

0 Likes