cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spacebar
Adept I

RX 5700 XT with Adrenaline 19.9.2 BSOD

Help the BSOD's are very annoying usually if I play videos( Youtube and etc) the BSOD will appear notably "Video_tdr_Failure(atikmpag.sys)" and "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure.Error".

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

B450 Tomahawk Max
Msi 5700 xt Mech

Windows 10 pro

Tried doing some trouble shooting but none of them worked
List of Troubleshoot:
Rollback 19.8.1 and 19.9.1 still gives me BSOD's
Rollback 19.7.5 gives no display but the cursor is visible
tried using 3rd party driver installer (Downloads 5700 xt 50th anniversary) and the it lags the system

0 Likes
1 Solution
r3f3r1
Adept I

Try disabling hardware acceleration in whichever browser you use and see if YouTube still crashes. I had the same issue with YouTube and Discord and noticed in the patch notes that the driver has an issue with hardware acceleration in Discord especially so I figured I'd disable it elsewhere and I don't have anymore crashes. Weird bug that I hope gets resolved in the next driver update.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
r3f3r1
Adept I

Try disabling hardware acceleration in whichever browser you use and see if YouTube still crashes. I had the same issue with YouTube and Discord and noticed in the patch notes that the driver has an issue with hardware acceleration in Discord especially so I figured I'd disable it elsewhere and I don't have anymore crashes. Weird bug that I hope gets resolved in the next driver update.

Yes, I read it from another forum, I think you where still the one who advised it, I've been using my pc for hrs with no BSOD popping, Yes I hope they will fixes this annoying bug so no one will experience it again. Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help