cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

braiven
Adept II

RX 5700 XT Feedback

I have the RX 5700 XT since release now and my driver still keeps crashing with a black screen. So far I could fix it with turning off hardware acceleration in all programs I use (Steam, Discord, VLC, internet browsers) but now it keeps even crashing while playing Monster Hunter World. I have enough. Seriously... AMD you had you time to fix the drivers, but the new one is even worse. I will send the GPU back. 

And yes of course my drivers, bios, windows and all other programs I use are up to date.

Here my PC parts in case you are curious: https://www.amazon.de/hz/wishlist/ls/3VA1CHGUE0CAB?&sort=default

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on the same issue you describe, please use that to provide your feedback and track any future updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
26 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your PSU is too weak. Your system consumes an estimated power of over 400W. Your PSU cannot provide this power. In addition, X570 systems should be powered by 8+4PIN CPU power cable. 

0 Likes

0 Likes

No need to look at any document. Even a simple calculator shows over 400W.
Annotation 2019-12-30 112548.jpg
And the 550W power supply never lifts the required load. Need 700W PSU or better for the most stablization.
Note: The picture is quoted from OuterVision.

0 Likes

This is just wrong information! I can play even Star Citizen 55-66 FPS and I have no problems with it. Witcher 3 + best graphic mods, no problem... but when I start a program with hardware acceleration it has not enough power? And if that would be the case, not only the GPU driver would crash. My whole computer would immediately shut down. And just saying... I HAVE A STRAIGHT POWER 11 550 WATT POWER SUPPLY. That should be enough.

Hardware acceleration problem has nothing to do with the PSU. Test the computer with OCCT for PSU. Don't comment without trying. If you can do this test for 20-30 minutes without any error, the PSU is enough. In short, the solution for your problem is to turn off hardware acceleration. But when I saw all the components, I thought ... 550W PSU should not be used with this system. AMD did not unnecessarily put 4PIN additional CPU power cable input on their motherboards... 550W PSU is not suitable for a graphics card that requires 2x8PIN GPU power cable. 550W is suitable for 1x8PIN. Please note that your motherboard also needs 4PIN additional CPU power. Good luck with what you know correctly....

0 Likes

After editing... 550W is enough on paper. But only on paper. The vast majority of PSUs on the market cannot provide what you need for your system. A GPU with 2x8PIN power input has the potential to draw approximately 400W of stand-alone momentarily but the power plugs into the driver and BIOS barrier. Situations that the driver or BIOS cannot prevent cause crashes sometimes. Or the renderer in the display driver. But you already have PSU without problems. Now that you know, you can apply your own knowledge... Good luck...

0 Likes

The benchmark test with OCCT works as well. And as I said, I am absoletely sure that the PSU is enough power. I would have noticed it if not and the system report would have shown up other reports + the PC would shut down. What ever you think man.

You are sharing just your comment. Maybe if you share what's happening or share a report I'll think of something. Or someone else thinks of something and tries to help you. If I were you, I'd try the system with a more powerful PSU. If the result doesn't change, I would retire the GPU.

0 Likes

"You are sharing just your comment." I posted all important reports. I told you what is going on. I made the benchmark test you forced me to do... Ok. What do you want more from me?

0 Likes

Maybe a new Mouse or Keyboard or Something?

Maybe a new Ram like 5700XT 1!1!1! Certified Ram for maximum Stability?

or the easy way a new GPU?

If the test is realy successful, return the GPU. However, do OCCT CPU test for 1 hour to ensure the rest of the system. Make sure there is a GPU problem. And return it. So... If a new GPU is causing problems, it is difficult to correct all problems with the driver in the future. Just know that.

0 Likes

That was my plan.

0 Likes

Get a different silent GPU (with a good PSU, only my comment). No more trouble.

0 Likes

As I said the 1 hour test was successful, but I told you before that I always had enough power even on the highest games and I played them a lot... sometimes 6-8 hours in a row. Most black screens appearing while using programs with hardware acceleration when the PC is actually using the lowest power. The black screens appearing randomly. With Monster Hunter world it's the first time that they're appearing for me in a game, but only since the latest AMD driver update. VLC was working with hardware acceleration as well before the latest driver update. There are a bunch of people with the same problem hich I have
Even the system report says it is a driver crash and the driver crash has nothing to do with the PSU at all. Last time I post something here, it's such a waste of my time.

0 Likes

I don't use Navi but I have used Polaris for years and have used it with minor WattMan changes without any problems. You must not experience a crash for a game. And if you are experiencing this, your problem can be solved with minor WattMan changes. For example: Reduce the maximum core clock speed by 100Mhz. Or set the core voltage to a standard value such as 1150mV. Comments from seeing outside can be misleading. Also see if the GPU-12V remains below 12. PSU quality may cause a GPU's core voltage to be insufficient. So PSU quality is not compared to the watt value. If you do not get different results, it is already obvious. It may be retired without much effort.

0 Likes
kytor
Adept I

This is absolutely false.

I have the Same PSU (Straight power 11 550w) with a 2070 Super + OC , Ryzen 2600 @ Maxed OC + 5 HDD´s + RBG Lightning + 7 Fans.

This much more Power Consumption.

The 550w Staight Power 11 is an High End Premium PSU with non compromise, this PSU can Handle much more than an little  5700xt und 3700x.

The Addtional 4Pin CPU Connector is ONLY for High CPU(!!!!) OC the CPU 8 Pin Connector has nothing to do with the GPU. The 75Watt from PCIe Port came from 20+4Pin ATX Connector.

The Straight Power 11 has 2 Rails for Graphic Cards (2x 8Pin PCIe). My Palit Gamerock has two 8 Pin Connection.

Summarized: Its false to say , Straight Power 11 550Watt (it can handle 2080 Super) is not enough und then say the additional  4pin CPU Power Connector (read Manual!!!!! from Mainboard Manufactur) is needed for gpu...

Run 1080p without AA Furmark test and Furmark CPU Burner together. And look at the GPU 12V with HWINFO64. Share the value you see, if you want.

0 Likes

Looks like the nvidibots are starting early for 2020.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Goodplay... I think you are the bot here. 

You are thinking wrong. He's right. The PSU is weak. But it doesn't mean it won't work.

0 Likes

Run 1080p without AA Furmark test and Furmark CPU Burner together. And look at the GPU 12V with HWINFO64. Share the value you see, if you want. Try this and see the PSU quality. The value should not fall below 12.

0 Likes

The 12v, 5v and 3,3 v sensors for programms like hwinfo Aida etc, not 100%. This is only from a sensor of motherboard with nominal failure. The only true answer is with a voltage Meter  directly on the plug. All Software solution are absolutly false (for example my strix x470-f Shows instead of 5v -> 4,6v, but with an voltage Meter 5,01...)

0 Likes

My post was not to you, did you not see the @.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Sure nvidia bot with ryzen 2600 cpu.... Hey sry that im using a 2070 super and Not an amd gpu. But the help for Braiven is useluss, the discussion of psu is annoying.... When the psu is to weak the error is another..  Trust me im an engineer. The 5700xt had an typical Power consumption while playe games aprox. ~210watt (+-) the straight power is an high end Premium psu it can handle 2x 18a on 12v1+2 and 2x 20a on 12v 3+4= combined 12v 549,6 Watt..... 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on the same issue you describe, please use that to provide your feedback and track any future updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes

That link you provided to the relevant thread doesn't work.

It just takes you back to the discussion board root.

0 Likes