Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

akiat
Journeyman III

RX 570 driver install got error 182

Hi everyone,

I'm in trouble to install the driver of my RX 570.

At the first install, everything was fine, I switched from an NVIDIA so I used DDU to have a clean install. Until there everything was fine.

But after some days, I began to got freeze and reboot with errors :

• 116(Bluescreen),
  • 141(LiveKernelEvent)

I tried to update my drivers from Adrenalin, but got an error, so I decided to completely reinstall windows. After the fresh install, I installed all windows update available and after that, I tried to install the RX 570 drivers. But I've got a 182 error.

So : reboot in safe mode without internet connection), use DDU to remove everything, reboot in safe mode again and try to install. Same proble = Error 182. I also tried to install the drivers after a reboot in normal mode, but same error.

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD RX 570
  • Desktop System
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Actually the windows's one
  • Display Devices
    • HP2211X in DVI
    • Samsung TV in HDMI (don't know the model)
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte B450M S2H with last F50 bios
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 1600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Cooler Master ATX 550W - MWE Bronze V2
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Thank you for your help and have a great day

0 Likes
4 Replies

According to AMD error 182:

Error 182 – Radeon Software Install Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported With This Software Installation.

But the solutions doesn't apply to you from AMD Error 182 webpage: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182 

First download GPU-Z and post an image of it in your next reply to make sure you do have a RX570 GPU card installed.

Does Device Manager show any errors or yellow exclamation marks?

You seemed to be doing the correct method in removing the AMD driver except you didn't delete the created AMD installation folder C:\AMD before installing the AMD driver again.

Also delete if it still is showing C:\Nvidia folder.

Download the full AMD Driver package from here for your RX570: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 

by the way, BSOD Error 0x116 is Video_TDR_FAILURE.  Try increasing the TDR default rate in the Registry from, I believe, 5 seconds to 8 Seconds and see if that helps any.

0 Likes

Thank you for your help

I will post a screen of GPU Z ASAP but I'm sure when I say it's a RX570,

I've built my computer 1 month ago and I have the GPU box under my eyes

No exclamation point in the Device Manager (and it shows a "RX570").

In my previous message I forgotten to say it, but I had deleted the AMD

folder before reinstalling and download the package from the source you

gave.

For the TDR, if I do that, what will be the consequences ? Like an

underclock ?

Is it a possible hardware problem ?

Again, thank you for your help !

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 01:00, elstaci <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX 570 driver install got error 182 in Drivers & Software

0 Likes

re-configuring the TDR in Registry is not underclocking or in any way configuring your GPU card. What it is doing is giving Windows enough time for the GPU card and driver to start.

Did you have the internet disconnected when you used DDU and install the AMD Driver? That is important because if you didn't Windows might install a different driver than the one you are installing.

I opened a Thread in the past that mentions a Wagnarsoft program that changes the TDR for you and explains how TDR affects your Graphics driver and GPU: https://community.amd.com/message/2869123?q=change%20TDR 

0 Likes

Yes I was disconnected from Internet when I used DDU... But I'm still in trouble to install the drivers

Thanks for the links. But I'm pretty sure that my freezes are related to the drivers...

0 Likes