Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yjkhan
Journeyman III

RX 480 keeps crashing

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model: RX 480 4GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System: desktop
  • Operating System: Windows 10 21H1 (OS Build 19043,1348)
  • Driver version installed: 21.11.2
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate: Acer SA240Y, 1080P, 75Hz
  • CPU/APU Make and model number: FX-8300
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, BIOS Date 06/24/2015
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage: EVGA 800W
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency: Muskin PC3-12800

My RX 480 4GB has recently started crashing and giving errors while doing routine tasks, like browsing in Firefox, or just restarting the computer. It sometimes hangs, and then goes into a black screen, and then comes back with the Radeon trouble reporting tool greeting me with a message saying there was a crash. It's happening more and more frequently these days, 3 or 4 times a day sometimes. Other times it doesn't crash completely, but I see checkerboard pattern on the screen, before it clears up and again the trouble reporting tool comes up. I have a picture of that checkerboard pattern on the screen, which hopefully I'll be able to upload to this forum or at least link it.
checkerboard pattern on screencheckerboard pattern on screen
Also I've tried going back to earlier editions of the software, going back as far as 21.9.2, but it didn't help. Is this a hardware issue?

0 Likes
0 Replies