cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

segador
Adept I

Rx 480 8bg Nitro Sapphire black screen

Hello, the board is old and I have no guarantee I wanted to know if someone has a Micron bios of this board that is stable the mhz or the original bios since I have it is generic because when I want to play the exodus metro with my ryzen it does not pass 5s inside of the game and throws me black screen and on top of the fans it goes full but I think it is the bios or layers the voltages only happens with demanding games common games does not happen at all and the normals also do not only notice a little as if it were checked

0 Likes
11 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Here are standard clock and voltage values of RX 480. Maybe it'il work.
Annotation 2019-09-25 212941.png

it lasted about 15 seconds more in the furmark but after black screen I don't know what to do on top of it, the plate is given and I had a mining bios now it has a

0 Likes

those stupid mining BIOS mods are the bane of gamers 

0 Likes

If you do not need to patch GPU driver with atikmdag patcher software, GPU BIOS is originally signed. So if you are not using atikmdag patcher you may have a different problem. Maybe PSU is not working properly. Maybe the GPU is not working properly. So the problem is very likely to be hardware-induced. 

0 Likes

you might want to reapply thermal paste, if you haven't.

Excuse me. I just saw the message. Yeah. I did thermal replacement with 8w/k paste. I am using ASUS RX 480 ROG. Previously, the temperature exceeded 90 degrees. Now it works stably below 80 degrees.

0 Likes

sapphire dumped their forum and other helpful assets

best bet for a replacement ROM for your video card now is techpowerup and you can ask there for help

I already tried the BIOS there and nothing there is only one Micron and the others are samsung and neither

0 Likes

the memory vendor should not make any difference

0 Likes

If it's not micron, don't let me install it and throw me black screen

0 Likes
musafirlalu
Adept II

open a ticket at https://support.sapphiretech.com and ask for the bios there. I got my original bios from them. One guy said that they even provided the measurement for thermal pads replacement when asked.