Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fred88
Adept I

RSR issue: FullHD native res instead of 4k

Hello,

I just bought a 7900 XT and tried to activate the RSR. Unfortunately this option activates only when the game runs at a lower res than native one. But AMD drivers consider fullHD res as native resolution instead of UHD (1920x1080 is recommended in the windows display panel, and is used in RSR). Then RSR option is useless. Strange thing: in Adrenaline, the resolution indicated in Games > Display > Display Characteristics is 3840x2160…

I also tried to plug my screen to my laptop using an Nvidia graphic card, and windows recommended res is well detected as 3840x2160.

6 Replies

Is this with a TV or PC monitor?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

It’s a TV

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

AMD drivers currently consider FullHD resolution (1920x1080) to be the native resolution for all AMD graphics cards, regardless of the actual native resolution of the monitor. This means that RSR will only be enabled when the game resolution is set to a lower resolution than 1920x1080.

AMD has acknowledged this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, there is a workaround that you can use to enable RSR even when the game resolution is set to 1920x1080 or higher.

To enable RSR when the game resolution is set to 1920x1080 or higher:

1. Open the AMD Adrenalin Software.
  2. Go to the Gaming tab.
  3. Select the game that you want to enable RSR for.
  4. Click on the Profile button.
  5. In the Profile window, go to the Graphics tab.
  6. Under Radeon Super Resolution, select Enabled.
  7. Click on the Save button.
  8. Once you have completed these steps, RSR will be enabled even when the game resolution is set to 1920x1080 or higher.

Please note that this is a workaround and may not work perfectly in all games. If you experience any problems with RSR after enabling it using this workaround, you can try disabling RSR and waiting for AMD to release a fix for this issue.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

current drivers detect the correct native resolution of my second screen which is 1440p. So I don’t think it’s a global issue as you said. I cannot find any communication on that point. Do you have one?

moreover, I cannot find the profile button of your step4. However, I have a graphics list of param in the gaming tab for the game i just clicked. But that’s the normal way to activate RSR by game. Not sure it’s the workarround you described

0 Likes

Suppose you tried with only TV connected?, but there were older reported issues with some tv models which needed (edid info?) added to drivers.

Use the bug report tool, and/or support ticket https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

yes I tried to only link my TV

I don't know if it's an EDID problem. I installed an EDID modifier and it displays UHD and FHD resolutions. I did not succeeded to set one as native. Both seems to be considered as standard resolution. I deleted the fullHD resolution from the list, then in windows display option, UHD was correctly considered as native (recommended). But once I opened Adrenaline, and activated RSR, the recommended resolution returned to FullHD...

I clearly won't buy an edid emulator. That's an AMD issue. Everything was working perfectly with my previous NVidia card

0 Likes