cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FcB-ZaRe
Adept II

Resident Evil 4 Remake freezes whole computer, RX 570

Hi! Im getting random computer freezing while playing RE4 Remake. It can happen within hours or minutes but always ends in a computer lock up. My gpu is a RX 570 8gb.

I have tried all the 23.x.x drivers and with all of them i get the same issue, the only driver that works perfectly and has 0 crashes is 22.11.2 but then i lose the last improvements on vulkan and i get graphical corruption on some games when using DXVK because the lack of the mentioned vulkan improvements.

I would like to use the newest drivers but then i cant play RE4 Remake. Can you take a look on this and fix it please?

edit: the crashes happen no matter the settings of the game, even in the lowest ones.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

try to disable mpo.

0 Likes

Are you using a RX 570 too? And CoH 3 was crashing for you with mpo enabled? i dont own this game for testing it

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 6700xt

entire pc did freeze and not just game crash.

other users did report pc freeze or game crash too.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/6700xt-pc-freeze-during-dota-2-match/m-p/612076#M17623...

0 Likes
FcB-ZaRe
Adept II

Driver 23.7.1 freezes the computer too playing this game... the only working driver is still 22.11.2 for avoiding freezing but then SSAO is broken and looks pitch black and you have to pick fidelityFX CACAO or turn it off... GEEZ!!

0 Likes
Mikko91
Adept III

any memory overclocks on card? if yes lower values or test default

0 Likes

No, it freezes on stock clocks too. All 23.x.x drivers have the same issue. I have seen on Steam forums that there are people that complains about the same. Seems an issue with polaris cards only. By the moment i will stay on 22.11.2 drivers that run the game perfectly, only the SSAO bug but hey better than continuous freezing and i can overclock both core and memory and undervolt without any problem.

0 Likes