cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

u7QO8
Adept II

remove wattman in radeon app

if u buy a GPU, u do have a choice to download a overclock or similar app from the brand of the card u buy,like gigebyte, Msi, etc. for me, my feedback due to currently, i encounter wattman restore crash, that get me unable to use my PC, as it just shut up when it happen. 

it is very easy to handle this issue from AMD , just let something like wattman be an optional choice to install, and let the radeon contain some adjustable of the GPU only, like display card in the tab currently. for most of ppl, we just need to adjust something like FSR, AA, color depth, etc, overclockin is a stupid thing and it didn't give much performance benefit for most of usage on PC together, as chip of the GPU is already divide, u get lower end GPU, the core will not as same as high end or mid GPU, so why u need to overclock the core of GPU. just remover wattman from radeon or set it to be installed optional when ppl choice it in installation.

0 Likes
1 Reply
u7QO8
Adept II

i didn't solve in Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2.  frequently, black screen= pc shut down automatically when the wattman issue happen, i tried but MS update and AMD adrenalin, so it should be  somehting happen on the GPU on AMD driver itself. 

by the way i see the core clock as well memory clock is too weired, from GPUZ, my GPU, 6700xt, will run on 0, 40 , 50 etc, lower than 100HZ most of time!!! memory is almost at zero!!!!! when i start the game while it crash.

0 Likes