Derk5
Journeyman III

Reloaded Drivers and computer is slower

Hopefully someone can help me.

ASUS PROART 670E

AMD 79503DX

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 6600

New PC build and ran Port Royal

Got a score around 25,550.  Average for similar setup is 28,300 (not overclocked)

Updated all AMD drivers per this article:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D Review - Best of Both Worlds - Software & Driver Requirements | TechPowerUp

Recommended 7 drivers but the AMD PCI Device Driver wasn't listed.  Article mentioned it sometimes doesn't dowload.

Ran 2nd test and got a score around 25,850

Still below the average so tried to go about finding that PCI Driver.  Couldn't find it in device manager to try to update manually.  

Therefore i thought I would try and download the AMD Adrenaline Edition and reinstall drivers again.

** I did not uninstall the drivers figuring the software would "know" what to do

** I also did try to reboot into the bios by using Shift click on start button.  that didn't seem to work and hung up the computer

Ran a third test and got a score around 25,150  and computer seems really slow to shut down and boot now.  Most times Bios screen doesn't come up on a restart.

Uninstalled all the drivers this time and AMD Adrenaline and did a clean install.  

Ran a fourth test and got 25,250 but still not even as high with no drivers let alone the first time I updated the drivers.

Lastly when trying to follow this guide I did not know how to do this part from AMD's slide deck:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D Review - Best of Both Worlds - Software & Driver Requirements | TechPowerUp

8th slide - "Verify SBIOS setting "CPPC Dynamic Preferred Cores" = Auto ...

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies