cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ryder
Adept I

Release Notes for driver version 30.0.21000.22018?

I received graphics version driver 30.0.21000.22018 yesterday via a mandatory Windows Update:

Ryder_1-1648348150387.png

The version number is higher than driver 22.3.2 (30.0.15019.1005), which is weird because the Windows Update drivers usually lag behind. I am unable to find the release notes or really any mention of this driver version anywhere. If someone knows where I can find the Release Notes, please do share.

Thanks!

TL;DR: Please help me find the Release Notes for 30.0.21000.22018.

12 Replies

The Drivers that are downloaded from Windows Update are from Microsoft and not from the Manufacturer. So they will have a different version and date.

So you can't really compare the Manufacturer's drivers with Windows Update drivers.

Microsoft uses the Manufacturer's drivers but a slim version type.

This tech site (2017) explains this: https://www.howtogeek.com/191405/should-you-use-the-hardware-drivers-windows-provides-or-download-yo...

The driver packages Windows automatically installs are different from the ones your device manufacturers provide. The core drivers are created by your device manufacturer and provided by Microsoft after they go through Microsoft’s WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) testing to ensure they’re stable.

However, Microsoft provides these drivers in stripped-down form. For example, when you get drivers for NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards from Windows Update, you’re getting a driver package without the NVIDIA Control Panel or the AMD Catalyst control panel. Connect a printer and the automatically provided drives won’t include the printer’s control panel. Plug in a wireless mouse and it will work immediately, but you’ll need the manufacturer’s control panel if you want to view the mouse’s battery level or customize what the buttons do. However, you may not always want these hardware utilities.

The versions of the drivers Microsoft provides are also a bit older. Microsoft doesn’t update these drivers as frequently, so your device manufacturer may have newer versions on their website. However, using older drivers often isn’t a problem. We don’t recommend updating hardware drivers — this can introduce problems. The one exception is graphics drivers, where you do want the latest versions of your graphics drivers if you play PC games.

0 Likes

@elstaci wrote:

The versions of the drivers Microsoft provides are also a bit older. Microsoft doesn’t update these drivers as frequently, so your device manufacturer may have newer versions on their website.

Which is partly why I am curious about this driver; usually the driver version numbers fit in with the usual drivers straight from AMD support site, and are older than the latest drivers, as you said... but this one appears to be much newer.

0 Likes

Hello , 

having same issue since 10 days now , reinstalling drivers , uninstall with DDU or other drivers

I putted windows update into OFF for 7 days and it work , 

Its like the Adrenaline version don't say to windows " heyyy I have better drivers stop install it " 

Problems now is playing games is really hard because there is  2 DRIVERS installed and it conflic 

and performances are really bad , I don't know how to fix the problem , If i'm searching for update windows , that install the drivers even If I go my driver peripheral and put the " NO on update ".

sorry for my english , i'm french

0 Likes

Try these steps; they work better for me than using DDU or Factory Reset in the AMD driver installer.

1. Open Device Manager and expand the "Display adaptors" category.

2. Right click your AMD graphics card and select "Update driver".

3. Select "Browse my computer for drivers".

4. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".

5. Select the driver version of the driver you installed from AMD's website (latest is 30.0.15019.1005).

6. Click "Next" and you should successfully go back to the version compatible with Radeon Software.

I'm afraid the article you shared is irrelevant to my question. All I want are the release notes.

The article is relevant since you were comparing AMD Driver version to Microsoft Driver version which is why I posted that article.

Found this old Reddit thread where the User is asking a similar question as you are concerning a Windows Update AMD Display Driver being installed and finding no information on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/om3ev0/new_amd_display_driver_3001300022008_that_doesnt/

The version that he is showing is Windows 11 driver version is 30.0.13000.22008

I would open a Microsoft Support ticket and ask them which AMD driver does the Windows Update version refers to or see if they can direct you to the Release Notes. Otherwise once you find out which AMD Display driver it corresponds to then you can find out the Release Notes from AMD Download page or by googling the AMD Display Driver version.

That MS Driver isn't even listed at Microsoft Update Catalog. The last one there is from 02/09/2022 version 30.0.13036.2002 : https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=amd%20display%20driver

Maybe AMD Support can find the corresponding AMD Display driver and give a link to the Release Notes from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Your using Win.11 Insider Dev build ?

I don't recall ever having seen release notes as per the RTM drivers from AMD.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
muce
Adept I

I just wanted to confirm I also got this driver from windows update today when I checked. There's no info to be found on the internet about this.

venomzp
Journeyman III

You can temporarily use a panel from a developer who develops custom drivers.

You need to download full drivers. Unpack the archive. Run the file "NzSetupCLI.exe". There, select 3, and then 1. Wait for the download and unpacking. And choose 1 again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAhCxGZIvVNLDT3k_WAxVbdHA8aFCbOE/view

e5j3LkM.png

evanjam
Journeyman III

I'm on windows 11 insider and this update 30.0.21000.22018 broke my radeon software and every time I reinstalled the software to try to fix it I would get the update forced on me the next time my pc checked for windows updates.

Downgrading the driver to the previous version from 3/9/2022 resolved the problem for me

In case anyone else encountered this problem I have created this post here which contains the solution:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/forced-windows-11-update-breaks-latest-version-of-rade...

0 Likes

Any Windows 11 Preview version you must refer to Microsoft Support through it own app.

AMD doesn't support any type of BETA Windows OS until it becomes official. I am sure that Microsoft consults AMD about AMD Drivers in Preview versions though.

That is probably why that version you posted doesn't show in Microsoft Windows Catalog for drivers.

0 Likes