cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Boocraft
Journeyman III

Recently bought my first AMD card... ASRock OC Formula Radeon RX 6900 XT. AMD software crash

"AMD Software detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system. An issue report has been created...."

I keep getting this VERY VERY ANNOYING black screen crash that lasts 1-2 minutes and it gives me this error. This is my first time using an AMD card and from what I am reading it happens to A LOT of people. 

This AMD software seems to be the issue. Why can't we uninstall it and keep our video driver? With nvidia you can uninstall geforce experience and keep your video driver. why am I forced to use this AMD software that crashes?

And another thing why are the driver updates non existent. Nvidia has several updates on their drivers but AMD...

there's a 6-7 month gap between updates????? and I'm using a 6900xt. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

You can choose 3 install options from the installer, one of them is driver only.

What you see on the main driver download page is current and last (released as WHQL) drivers, there is a list of 'Previous Drivers' (released as optional first and then later whql'd).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes