cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bronx7
Adept I

RDNA 3 HDR OLED MONITORS

Looking back to previous posts on this forum from weeks/months ago as well as subreddits and mainly Hardware Unboxed regarding AMD's HDR support, why is there no acknowledgement yet from the engineers and a swift ETA for a fix.

Mainly looking at subpar performance of AMD GPU's on the high-end QD-OLED monitors, such as Samsung Odyssey G8 OLED. How is it acceptable, as an 7900 XTX owner, to have to look not only for the specifications and features of the monitors, BUT now also to look at how gimped and backwards is our experience going to be since we own AMD GPU's.

I bought 7900 XTX on launch day to support them with my wallet, not only in words. I am in the market for an Ultrawide OLED monitor but the more I research and read on them, the more I see that I made the wrong purchasing choice on December 15th (DWF gimped, G8 OLED works half as well compared to Nvidia GPU), lets not forget the power consumption that is still not fixed, with CVT reduced blanking I'm still at 50w idle with dual monitors.

I am waiting to see how the second generation of QD-OLEDs are going to perform, but now I am worried that whatever the upsides will be of the generational uplift, that none of it will be able to be utilized since I am an AMD GPU owner.

When will this be officially addressed?

1 Reply
Diego6k9
Adept I

I am still waiting for them acknowledging that issue. Can't reach 1000 nits peak brightness on my G8 OLED with my 7900XTX. My thread is months old now, nothing. It's incredible how you can sh*t on your customers like that after they spend all that money on your product. 

AMD please fix your FreeSync HDR pipeline to allow more than 400 nits.

0 Likes