Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gonzip
Journeyman III

Random White flicker while playing with dual screen

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased an AMD Radeon 7900XT (Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB GDDR6)

While playing some games (Street Fighter 6 demo at the moment) when I have 2 monitors connected at the same time (XB271HU through displayport and an ASUS VS239 through HDMI) I get random white flickers on the main screen occuring at random intervals. 

When I disconnect my ASUS display the white flickering ceases happening. I changed my displayport cable to a better one, but the issue is the same.
The game also has some graphical tearing without vsync ON, which I attribute to driver issues that will get corrected, but the white flicker I am not so sure.

Should I wait for a driver update (as this only happens for certain games, so probably a driver issue)? Or should I just try to get a new card and see if the problem persists?

Thanks for your attention and appreciate any feedback.

3 Replies
MaikelWho
Journeyman III

I have this issue with my rx 6700xt aswell. I guess it started since the last driver update. 

Got dual monitor aswell, and when I'm browsing like youtube etc. sometimes a rapid flickering appears all of a sudden. Similar to a photoshoot flashlight.

I reinstalled drivers, nothing changed.

0 Likes
gonzip
Journeyman III

I have gotten the white flicker to not happen as frequently by changing the main screen game resolution (2560x1440) to the 2nd screen resolution (1920x1080).
Don't know if this will help anyone or if this can help AMD pinpoint the issue.

0 Likes
farhat112
Journeyman III

0 Likes