cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yodamann
Adept II

Radeon VII and 23.9.3 when?

Radeon VII 2nd Gen Vega drivers are still at 23.9.2. Is there a reason why we do not get 23.9.3 working for the newer VII? 23.9.3 Vega and Polaris drivers work fine on the much older 1st gen Vega Frontier.

7 Replies
cantsee
Adept I

Does your hotkeys work on League of Legends? I'm on 23.8.2 due to other issues when on 23.9.1.

0 Likes
instant_win
Adept III

you can install 23.10.2 manually from "combined" file on polaris/vega. but installed driver is still the same version as 23.9.2. not sure about other components. looks like they dropped support without saying a word which is absurd. old gtx 9xx which is 2 years older than polaris is still supported with main gameready driver

0 Likes

It's strange because when I check for Updates it shows 23.10.2 but the AMD Webpage doesn't have the VII listed as supported and when I manually search AMD's Website for the latest Drivers 23.9.2 shows up.

cantsee_0-1697757180377.png

0 Likes

on oct 19 drivers were released again with fixed version recognition. after installing oct19 version it wont find newer ones

0 Likes

Did you update to these drivers? Any issues you experienced?

0 Likes

I didnt, using rdn.id (formerly nimez) like everybody with polaris/vega should

0 Likes

It seems like the latest AMD drivers are only for the RX 5000 series GPU cards and newer.

All the Vega, 400,500, & 600 GPU cards have the same drivers August 2023.

So you will need to wait until AMD comes out with drivers optimized for the Vega, 400,500,& 600 Series GPU cards. The latest AMD drivers are optimized for the RX 5000 series and newer GPU cards only.

0 Likes