cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

railrunner
Adept II

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

The following issues seem to be fixed with the recently released 19.2.3 Adrenalin drivers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

I just installed the latest 19.1.1 beta driver and noticed a weird and even gamebreaking issue in World of Warcraft, running with DirectX 12 API setting. Flying around in busy Stormwind causes heavy stuttering in shorter periods, the screen freezes for a second or two, goes back to normal, stays like that for a few more seconds, before it freezes again. The game eventually crashes, with Windows 10 showing an error notofication:

"Access to graphics hardware has been blocked for wow.exe."

I noticed within Wattman, every freeze causes a massive clock spike in a negative way: The clocks reset to lowest P-State, before stabilizing for a short time, just to spike down again. I know it's not much, but here is a screenshot showing the issue:

Bild: 19-1-16xfcy.jpg - abload.de

As you can see, there is a spike quite soon after I started the game, which is when the picture froze for the first time. Got back to normal, moved around a bit, the next three spikes caused freezes in short periods, again before going back to normal. The last spike crashed the game, giving me the error notification stated above.

Now I reinstalled the 18.12.3 drivers, and everything works fine as usual. I again decided to try the 19.1.1 Beta, this time however I went for a clean, "new installation". The issues appeared again, regardless of the Wattman settings by the way, doesn't matter whether "Balanced", "Turbo", "Energy Saving" or "Custom" is set.

Again I reinstalled the previous 18.12.3 drivers and the game works just fine.

My system:

Mainboard: Asrock X370 Gaming Professional (5.10 BIOS)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

RAM: 32 GB G.Skill RGB optimized for Ryzen, running at 3200MHz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro

SSDs: Samsung 960 Evo NVME, SanDisk Ultra II SATA, Crucial MX500 SATA

HDDs: Samsung 500 GB SATA, WD Blue 1 TB SATA

GPU drivers: Radeon Adrenaline 19.1.1 / 18.12.3

Chipset drivers: 18.10.1810

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwyazel
Adept I

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.x.x - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Things seem working to me. I didn't do anything special besides install the driver and re-enable DX12. I've been playing for 30min or so without a single issue, whereas before I'd crash withing the first couple min. I'll keep you updated

*Update after two hours of continuous play I didn't have a single crash. Looks like they got it fixed

View solution in original post

117 Replies
dustraider8
Adept I

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

Same thing was happening to me, game freezes, monitor goes all black for a second, then the desktop is shown with game minimized for another second and then the game continues again. And that might happen several times until it stabilizes. If it stabilizes it doesn't happen for another 5 minutes or so. I tried completely reinstalling 19.1.1 using DDU but it didn't help so I had to downgrade to 18.12.3.

Edit: As OP said there are also Windows notifications that read "Access to graphics hardware has been blocked for wow.exe."

Edit 2: My graphics card is R9 380X Sapphire Nitro 4GB.

Edit 3:

System Configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

CPU: FX-6300 overclocked at 4.5GHz

Memory: 2x4 GB DDR3 1866MHz

GPU: R9 380X Sapphire Nitro 4GB.

GPU VBIOS: 113-4E3081U-X58

Driver: Adrenalin 19.1.1

OS Version: 1809

OS Build: 17763.253

railrunner
Adept II

Re: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 - Issues with World of Warcraft DX12

Jump to solution

I don't know how this is any helpful when the game has been playable with all previous drivers but renders unplayable with the new 19.1.1.

sckhar
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm also having issues now on WoW.

I haven't played wow in about a month, I don't even recall which driver was installed then but all I know is that it was working perfectly fine, no crashes or anything, but I resubbed today and now when I'm playing something crashes, I assume it's the drivers, my monitor turns black as if it was disconnected and I get the "no video input" message for a few seconds while all the background sounds (music, game sounds etc) are playing normally, then the screen goes back on and the game resumes, this has happened liked 10 times in the matter of a few minutes.

I thought maybe it could have been temperature, but I kept HWMonitor open to see it and during the few times it crashed the temperature was around 60~65ºC, which is perfectly fine.

I also opened the Wattman settings and when it crashed I had the same "negative spike" as OP did, however radeon settings also crashed with it so I couldn't screenshot it.

My setup is as follows:

Intel Core i5 7600k

Gigabyte RX 580 4GB

8GB DDR4

Windows 10 Pro x64 (fully updated as far as I can tell)

Adrenalin 19.1.1 (clean install with DDU to remove previous installation as usual).

World of Warcraft is set to Directx12

No overclock whatsoever, all stock speeds

I've been playing Mafia 3, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, CS:GO and Rainbow 6 Siege these last few days without any issue or crash, so it seems whatever this issue is, it's conflicting exclusively with World of Warcraft, at least on my computer.

sckhar
Adept I

Jump to solution

After getting increasingly frustrated with it I decided to DDU it and revert back to the previous driver and so far I have had zero crashes.

I suggest doing it until AMD fixes it.

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Driver issues should be reported to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD

railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

I actually reported it that way, thanks. In addition I linked this topic, so they might take another look at further reports and developments.

rxvega56reddevilzen1600oc
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello,

Have same problems since 19.1.1 now downgraded to 18.12.1 and now its better, my problem was that i cant even got in one game of my libary on steam because it started lagging by the intro of the game. My GPU is a vega 56 and a ryzen 1600 OC 1,375v and ram on 2933mhz oc 16gb

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Appreciate the reports, i have filed a ticket with engineering for this issue.

railrunner
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response Matt, very appreciated.

In addition I just also wanted to point out I got a reply from AMDs Support Team stating they already got a number of tickets regarding the mentioned WoW issues and will also contact the concern team.

0 Kudos