Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

NuttyWin
Journeyman III

Radeon RX570 No Longer Working

Hi There,

I have recently powered up my "gaming PC" (was my gaming PC some 5 years ago but I don't really game anymore), had been shut off for about 4 months since moving house, was working fine, Graphics Card detected and running the AMD Adrenalin Software (2020 version I think it was). Powered up yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that the screen resolution even at Windows boot (before login screen) had completely reduced and then when booted into Windows could clearly see that resolution was on 1080. I checked firstly in Device Manager and could see the Display Driver was showing as Radeon RX570 but had a Yellow Triangle exclamation next to it, looking at the details it said that Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has reported problems...

I then tried to run the AMD Adrenalin Software and received an error reporting the Software was incompatible with the current drivers.

I have tried uninstalling all AMD Software and Reinstalling but with no success.

I just so happened to have a fresh Windows 10 Build on a different partition on the same PC which I had done ages ago and new was working although I knew I hadn't installed any software / drivers etc, which I booted into and straight away could see that the correct resolution was being displayed both at Windows loading and again when logged into Windows, in Device Manager the correct RX570 Driver was being shown, as a test I thought I'd load the AMD Adrenalin Software which I did via the Auto Detect and Install software, Opted for the most recent Addrenalin software which I believe was dated 22/08/2022, this required a reboot to complete installation, toward the end of the installation the software reported that it failed to install correctly, also during the install the screen flickered twice and reduced the resolution to 1080. After rebooting this fresh Windows 10 partition now with the AMD Software installed, I have exactly the same issue as I did on my main Windows 10 Partition.

Im at a loss as to how to resolve.....

0 Likes
0 Replies