Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

duck_duckone
Adept I

Radeon RX 7600 driver could not start

Hello,

I'm having issues with my Radeon RX 7600 where the driver couldn't start. It was working since I built it in late October then, on Dec 19th the PC restarted itself.

Since then the PC is unable to start any games. Age of Empires Definitive Edition says "Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition minimum specification recommends at least 1GB of dedicated VRAM. This computer does not meet that requirement." while Fallout76 just crashes when trying to start.

Adrenalin is showing the following error

duck_duckone_0-1703974936376.png

Device manager is showing the following message

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

And event viewer showing the following error:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7480&SUBSYS_240B1458&REV_CF\6&b4bd595&0&00000019 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem3.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amduw23g
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

My setup is as follows

• Computer Type: Desktop
  • GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 7600 stock settings
  • CPU: Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X stock settings
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Radeon RX 7600 stock settings
  • BIOS Version: FC 06/08/2023
  • RAM: Ripjaws DDR4-3600 16GBx2
  • PSU: Focus GX-750
  • Case: Fractal Design North
  • Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
  • GPU Drivers: 1.0.22023.1014
  • Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Software 5.11.02.217
  • Background Applications: Steam, WhatsApp, Kaspersky

Troubleshooting:

What I have tried:

• Upgrade AMD driver to latest version

• Removed driver with DDU on windows safe mode and reinstalled driver

• Rolled back driver to October and August versions

• Reset Windows (both keep private data and remove everything) and reinstalled drivers

• AMD Adrenalin is telling me that the AMD software version is not compatible with the graphics driver and recommended to go to https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300But when I ran the compatibility tool, shows that software is already compatible version. Please check if AMD display driver is working correctly

• cleaned up the disk and installed windows 10
  • now its back to latest windows 11 with updates
  • ran sfc /scannow - got result no integrity violations

• disabled updates to drivers using gpedit

• went through all the above steps with AMD support through support ticket 

• Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube 

I tried to find similar issues in this forum but similar issues are either fixed with steps that I've already done or no resolution.

Anything other steps I could try?

0 Likes
1 Solution
duck_duckone
Adept I

Thanks for the input but that was also part of my troubleshooting process. I ended up going to my friends and tried to stick the GPU to my friend's PC and its showing the same problem. I also attached my friend's GPU to mine and it was working fine. So the card is currently on its way to Gigabyte for RMA

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have you tried updating driver from device manager, choosing a different driver from options offered?

You might want to also look at https://www.elevenforum.com/ for additional options for blocking windows driver updates.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

hi Thanks for the input.

I forgot to add it to the list, but yes, I tried choosing the different drivers. It always comes back to the same had a problem starting error.

Wondering if this is a sign of hardware instead of driver issue

0 Likes

Is the adrenalin warning & code 43 fixed?

Ignore the 'problem starting' message, it's a windows reporting issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, the adrenalin warning and code 43 persists after selecting different drivers.

0 Likes

You have to go into device manager and right click on your graphics card, then select “uninstall device”. Then, reboot your pc and the graphics card should be working again. I  confidently believe your problems are being caused by having freesync enabled in the adrenaline software, as that is what has been giving me similar problems with my 7900 series. Try disabling it and see if the crashes persist.

0 Likes
duck_duckone
Adept I

Thanks for the input but that was also part of my troubleshooting process. I ended up going to my friends and tried to stick the GPU to my friend's PC and its showing the same problem. I also attached my friend's GPU to mine and it was working fine. So the card is currently on its way to Gigabyte for RMA