Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kfir
Adept II

Re: Radeon RX 5700 XT Intermittent audio stutter

Indeed under Known Issues on the Sep 16, 2020 version:

• Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

At least AMD acknowledges the problems. 

0 Likes
kfir
Adept II

HDMI Link Assurance doesn't really help.

I am now getting more of a different type of problem: the TV shows a "static noise"-like screen, with colors. And usually goes back to normal display and sound after a few seconds. Twice I had to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. (I have the Radeon connected directly to the LG OLED TV.)

Will try the different suggestions in the other thread and report. 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I'll state the same thing here I did in another similar thread:

Great that it's acknowledged but it's been over a year and still not fixed which makes you wonder is this a hardware issue then that can't be fixed. Then will this issue carry over to RDNA2. I would be interested in one of the new cards if performance is on par with the competition but an audio issue would be a deal killer for me. 

0 Likes
pubdev27
Adept I

I can't believe they won't even comment to the community about the status of this issue. When we pay hundreds of dollars for a card, its not really OK have this broken for over a year.

I also wanted to add that the most recent driver update was far worse. I literally just uninstalled it and rolled back to 20.8. The stutter with 20.9 had a new feature: occasional static noise in the audio output. 

If its hardware causing the issue I'm losing hope they'll ever mention in anywhere because of the new hardware they're releasing. If I get an Nvidia card and this issue goes away (and it sounds like it will), I won't look back. I've been exclusively using AMD for over a decade and this is supremely disappointing.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Best thing you can do is report the issue with the newest driver to AMD support. AMD in their infinite wisdom chooses to have teams working on different forks of the drivers. One team will fix an issue in one driver, then another team fixes another issue in theirs. The release it with the new fix introducing bugs that were already fixed before in another. This has been happening about 3 years now with regularity.

Report it to AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
pubdev27
Adept I

Its definitely the driver and/or AMD hardware. I finally just got a sound card (its cheaper than shelling out more cash to replace the card). I like the card as far as its graphical performance. But they've acknowledged that this is still broken and have told us nothing about how they intend to fix it.

Sadly this will have to be my last Radeon card. I paid a LOT of money for these 2 cards and the audio is absolutely unusable and only becomes mildly tolerable if I carefully select an old driver -- thats terrible. Its simply not worth it any more.

But yeah, if any of you are still encountering this, if you can buy a cheap audio card (internal or external) that will at least tide you over until you need a new graphics card. Everyone else: return it if you can, RMA it or use the warranty. This issue isn't going to be fixed.

0 Likes