Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

radoattila
Journeyman III

Radeon R200 Series (R7260X) driver to Windows 10 and Windows 11

Helló közösség!

A problémám az, hogy van egy régebbi számítógépem i5-2400S 2.5GHz processzorral, 8 GB RAM-mal és "Radeon R200 Series (R7260X)" grafikus kártyával. Általában játékra használjuk, "RobloX" és "Minecraft" játékra, miközben a gyerekek a "Viber" programon beszélgetnek. Korábban a Windows 10 rendszer "kék képernyő halál" hibát észlelt a hibakód 0x000000ea. Frissítettem az AMD illesztőprogramot, és bár a "halál kék képernyője" már nincs jelen, új probléma merült fel. Most van egy fekete képernyő, amelyet a kép visszatérése követ, és egy hibaüzenet, amely szerint az illesztőprogram összeomlott és helyreállt. Ezt követően a rendszer újraindítható. A hibát a hibaüzenet ablakában javasoltak szerint jelentettük, de még semmi sem történt. Érthetően, hiszen egy régebbi eszközzel van dolgunk.

A kérdésem az, hogy melyik lenne az ideális illesztőprogram-verzió ehhez a grafikus kártyához, és megoldás lenne-e a Windows 11-re váltani operációs rendszerként?

Köszönöm!

0 Likes
2 Replies
radoattila
Journeyman III

Hello Community!

My issue is that I have an older computer with an i5-2400S 2.5GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, and a "Radeon R200 Series (R7260X)" graphics card. We typically use it for gaming, playing "RobloX" and "Minecraft," while the kids chat on the "Viber" program. Previously, the Windows 10 system encountered a "blue screen of death" error with the error code 0x000000ea. I updated the AMD driver, and although the "blue screen of death" is no longer present, a new issue has emerged. Now, there's a black screen, followed by the image returning, and an error message stating that the driver has crashed and recovered. After this, the system can be restarted. We reported the error as suggested by the error message window, but nothing has happened yet. Understandably, as we are dealing with an older device.

My question is, which would be the ideal driver version for this graphics card, and would it be a solution to switch to Windows 11 as the operating system?

Thank you!

0 Likes

first your R7-260X is considered to be Legacy hardware which isn't supported by AMD with driver updates anymore. Here are the last AMD Drivers for your GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-200-series/amd-radeon-r7-...

You can try to update Windows 10 to Windows 11 but if the Windows 10 AMD Driver doesn't work you are out of luck. But it is a good chance it might work though.

Plus your Intel Processor i5-2400S is not listed as being supported in Windows 11 by Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-int...

So if you upgrade to Windows 11 you would need to do a workaround to get it to install plus your PC won't be updated by Windows Update on a unsupported Windows 11 PC.