cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

m4looney
Journeyman III

Radeon Overlay not working when Nvidia driver is installed (AFMF preview driver)

Hi,

I own the HP Omen 16 with the Ryzen 7 7840HS (780m RDNA3 iGPU included) and the RTX 4060 mobile. So the HP Omen is running in hybrid mode where the 780m is being used for display output. 

When the AFMF preview driver for the 780m came out I wanted to test out AFMF. So I installed the preview driver and at first the results looked promising. The radeon overlay was working fine and even AFMF worked in combination with the RTX 4060. So I tested Starfield with DLSS3 FG and AFMF and got well over 200 fps (AFMF restrictions like camera moving considered when frame rate dropped to "normal"). Also Witcher 3 worked with very high FPS and RT Ultra (here the FPS dropped with very minor camera movement).

So everything looked promising but then I restarted Windows. From there on I couldn't get it working once again. I tried a lot of things and even reset Windows.

Now I can only get Radeon Software (Overlay) if the Nvidia driver is not installed. If the Nvidia driver is installed when I press ctrl+r the overlay is only displayed in the background and all Radeon Features are not being applied. The Radeon Overlay is not working anymore.

Is there a way to enable the features and have the Nvidia GPU rendering the game? Also: former drivers would display the Radeon Overlay when running games on the Nvidia GPU.

Greetings

0 Likes
0 Replies