cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pedro-nf
Adept III

Radeon Adrenalin 2019 driver installers creating AMD Link scheduled tasks without the user's permission

I've noticed that the Radeon Adrenalin 2019 graphics drivers installers are creating and enabling three scheduled tasks related to AMD Link without asking for the user's permission or even informing them.

I don't want my system bloated with stuff that I have no intention of using, but most importantly, I should be informed of any scheduled tasks that the drivers installer wants to create and be asked permission before they are created.

4 Replies
kpanos777
Adept I

They do not even provide an option to turn off updates/checking

I don't know how you have your settings...but you have to ask to check for updates with my settings.

As to the other:

0 Likes

The "Check for updates (manually)" button is not a proof that all these services and tasks created without permission and running in the background silently, will not periodically check for updates or anything else AMD needs. "Check for updates" should be a checkbox (option) and not a button (action). Very bad policies from AMD.

kpanos777
Adept I

Besides the three scheduled tasks related to AMD Link, it also creates two additional tasks for the "Command Line Interface". I have disabled all five tasks.