Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lohmann82
Journeyman III

RADEON 5700XT - Broken after recent update

Hi.

I have a 5700XT - and after recent update my computer basically crash every time i start a game or similar that will pull on teh GPU.

Details of my driver etc below.

Lohmann82_0-1664820147481.png

I have tried un-installing drivers, deleting the GPU and letting Windows 10 find it itself again. The AMD Software logically install latest driver - and boom - back at it. Game starts up, i get to play like 1-2 min then black screen flickering on/off for a few sec. Then just black screen. Have to re-boot to get back.

Side note - the lighting in the case (the LED strip on the front of my BE QUIET 500D is also flickering weird and pulsating all wrong.

I'm not the biggest computer expert so im a little lost what to do here.

Bgrds/ Lohmann 

0 Likes
8 Replies

Sounds like you might have a PSU power issue.

Download and run OCCT CPU, GPU, and PSU test and see if the PC crashes during any of the three test. While running each test check for Temperatures (GPU, CPU, Motherboard), Fan speeds, and especially your PSU Outputs -12/5/3.3 Vdc.

All PSU Outputs should be with -/+ 5 Percent.

It is possible you are showing some hardware failure. I would first make sure your GPU card is not overheating and your PSU Outputs are all good especially your 12 Vdc output.

0 Likes

Have run the OCCT test for an hour - no problems. GPU reached 79 degrees and stays there.

Tried switching the PCI port. And GPU worked for a few hours and then just crashed again. Temperature 10 min before the crash was low 60's.

its a puzzle- What makes it evenmore interesting is that the 2 LED stripes on teh front of my BeQuiet PC case start flickering all colours when the crash happens. Even if I have turned it off.

0 Likes

Hi. Have u tried update all driver, firmware and bios. Ur pc spec. Are u overcloaked? GPU RAM CPU. Ur led using which software.

0 Likes

Problem only came after the AMD Adrenelin update few weeks back. Uninstalled them all now and then worked fine again for a few days.

Its not overclocked (even tried under clocking it with no success)

0 Likes
sur6e
Elite

May want to have your power supply tested. Check all your connectors in the case first as well. If you have a spare strong enough power supply or can borrow one from another computer you could test that and confirm or rule it out. Worst case buy one at best buy and if it solves the issue keep it, else return it (ask about the return policy).

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model/age?

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your 5700xt?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Power supply:
1x be quiet! System Power B9 - ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V - 80 PLUS Bronze - AC 100-240 V - 600 Watt
2021 model.

No power to the GPU is only one socket connect. Will try splitting it to 2.

But again - cant understand why power should be an issue when test shows no power problems and the computer have been running fine for more than a year. And then suddenly LED ont eh friont goes ballistic and GPU cuts off. Would it not be a constant "Computer says no" problem if it was a power issue?

Brgds
Mark

0 Likes

Yeah last time my psu 650w tt been using almost 4 years and it voltage is not stable. I had to change to new 1. RX 6700XT when in game only using like 200w below. Im oc'ked this gpu for some games. Down clock for games thats not heavy like COD. Playing FC6 crashing like 30minute to 45minute. Had to disable XMP 3600MHZ and manually set to 3200mhz. And its work..sometimw its not the gpu, its either cpu, ram, ssd, software or driver. U had to try every single solution till u got it. Hardwork for using amd well i like it gave me knowledge how to handle such problem.

0 Likes