• LG 32GK650F-B 32" QHD 144Hz DP

• Motherboard
    • ASUS TUF Gaming x570 PLUS Bios version 1405
  • CPU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 stock speeds no OC

• PSU
    • Corsair AX860

• RAM
    • G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (for AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM Desktop Memory F4-3600C18D-32GTZN

I keep getting pc crashes with no warning whatsoever in several games, specially games that run on DX11 some examples are Frostpunk, The Witcher 3, Destiny 2 but I've also gotten crashes in DX12 games like MHW Iceborne and Resident Evil 2 but it's not as severe as with DX11 games. I've tried all the fixes I could read on several forums and none of them worked (DDU clean install, windows clean install, etc) I have done several system, memory, power stability test using AIDA64, OCCT and more. 

The only thing that I've found that works is lowering the power consumption in the Radeon Software (that btw crashes after I exit a game like several people have reported) to -50%. I used to run with a PCIe 8 pin that splits into 2 6+2 pin power cable and after reading that people had issues with those I got another PCIe 8 pin power cable and ran the card with the 2 independent cables but I still get the crashes. I bought this card recently I'm deeply regretting my purchase, I've never had any issues with the nvidia graphics cards that I've had in the past and now that I give a chance to AMD this happens. 

I am at my wits end here, I don't know what to do, I've tried undervolting, overclocking, etc and none of it works, only lowering to -50% power consumption works but that affects my fps in games so I find it unacceptable that I have to do that in order to use this card. With the -50% power consumption I get a ~10+fps drop in MHW Iceborne. I don't know if this is a driver issue, a hardware issue but it's pretty frustrating and annoying. Please help me out if anyone knows a fix for this issue. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
cryengine36
Adept I

Hi, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for Google translator, I hope I can help you, your problem is in the video card, or rather in the drivers for it, my friend and I also have rx 5700, the same problem, I have already tried all the solutions , the only solution that they found was to install the old driver (for example, on 19.10.2 almost everything worked fine, checked together with more than 10 users with different systems and the same problems), I advise you to use the complete removal of the current driver via DDU and install s driver that I pointed out above,preferably put on a clean system, for most users with such a problem it helps, I hope I was useful, good luck! (I do not claim that this method will 100% solve the problem, but from personal experience, this option is suitable for most users.)

0 Likes