Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RIPkip
Journeyman III

R9 270 drivers installed but not supported

amd error.pngIMG_0490.jpg311d1b123a3912814ab8eaf964be4540.png

Hello guys i have a little bit of a problem. as seen on the left my task manager didn't  show the exact gpu number. Seeing  as i wanted good 

drivers i took it out of my pc to check. As seen on the image on the right (that sticker was on the gpu) it is an r9 270.  when i tried to download my drivers here it gave me an error message (first image) when i tried to download the 32 bit version (the 64 bit version wasn't supported by my windows) Does any1 have an idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies

well, more information on your computer setup will be nice.

Which Windows version are you using?  Make & Model of your Motherboard, CPU, & GPU?

Download and run and then post a image of  GPU-Z  to see which exact GPU card you have.

Is this a "Used" GPU card or did you purchase it brand new?

0 Likes

If the 64 bit driver is not supported by your Windows, it is simply because you have a 32 bit version of Windows.

A 64 bit driver will never work on 32 bit systems, and, in fact, it would not give you any advantage.

If you have more than 4GB of RAM, I would suggest you installing a 64 bit version of Windows and, then, the 64 bit driver.

0 Likes