cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LadyMystica59
Journeyman III

"No AMD graphics driver is installed..." message on startup

Whenever I restart my computer, I get a message box that tells me the following: "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." I have tried downloading and using the auto detect/install tool on the website, but it hasn't worked for me, and when I right-click on my desktop, the AMD Radeon Settings button gives me the exact same message. How do I find the proper driver for my machine? Everything seems to be working okay, but I don't know if I should worry about this or not. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Flyfisherman
Challenger

Hi,
Can You tell us what type of computer you have.
Manufacture and model or if it is a home build: then the name of the motherboard manufacture, model etc.

It is almost impossible to guess what is going on, without proper information to begin´n with.
The message:
"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

It could be that Your graphics card is not properly seated in the PCIE-slot or that you have an insufficient power supply.
Therefore the system cannot properly recognize your graphics card.
Now, I´m just guessing here, since You don't provide us with enough information.

Best regards  from Sweden