cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tugi
Journeyman III

"Game HDR" greyed out on Game mode on Samsung TV

Game HDR stopped working after changing my graphics card to Radeon from Nvidia.
Windows was telling HDR is working, but Samsung TV only gets it only in normal mode. At game mode "Game HDR" option is grayed out so it was not possible to turn it on.
I spend days trying to fix it. This worked in a strange way. (big thanks journeyman)

You can try the instructions below:
"there is a comment, where it is described that some have got success with a tool named "custom resolution utility", with following steps:
1.turn off game mode from TV settings
2. open CRU and edit Extension Blocks
3. delete the 24hz / 30hz Tv Resolutions
4. Add Freesync Range 48 - 120
5. Export CRU settings
6. Activate game mode from TV settings, open CRU and import the settings you just exported
7. Use restart64 from cru folder"

Previously, HDR was available only in games. Now it is always on. It is not easy to understand the difference though.... so I am not sure this is a right fix, but it works...
I talked to Samsung service, they are not aware of the problem... They said, they only test Nvidia.... ATI and Samsung must make some tests together...

Radeon rx 6950 xt; Windows 11, Samsung 65Q70A.

5 Replies
tugi
Journeyman III

Need a better fix. Resets after unplugging TV from power.

0 Likes

Hey did you find fix? I have exact same problem!

Thanks.

0 Likes
txemavr
Adept I

I have the same exact issue with a Samsung Q95A and a Radeon 6950XT. Can't activate the HDR mode when using the TV´s Gamemode and therefore the Freesync.

0 Likes

Customer support team is aware of issue for the mentioned problem, but sadly in one month there wasnt any progress what so evee with fizing the problem.

0 Likes
digibluez
Adept I

and other AMD issue, who would have guessed, starting to become really bad, and all they care is workstations and ai acceleration, meanwhile games are left in the dustbin  

0 Likes