cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thoste
Journeyman III

"Branding64" as additional installation from AMD Radeon necessary? Uninstall?

As I found out the latest installation of the

AMD Radeon Adrenalin v21.2.2 for 64bit Windows 7 installed additionally a tool labbelled

"Branding64"

See attached snapshot.

This sound as an unnecessary advertizing AddOn.

Is this necessary to run Adrenalin graphic drivers?

Can I uninstall it?

Branding64 from AMD Radeon.png

0 Likes
5 Replies

You can turn off Advertisments in settings.

0 Likes

Where exactly can I disable Ads in Settings?

I found no corresponding option in Adrenalin.

Actually I prefer to uninstall such separate programs.

Can I uninstall it?

If yes: How can I achieve this?

The "normal" way seems not to work

0 Likes

Settings -> General -> Preferences.

There is a slider button to turn off Advertisments. 

You may not see it because of the outstanding design of the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI.

Use 3rd mouse wheel button/roller to scroll down the screen until you can see it. 

There is also a barely perceptible scroll bar on the GUI you might be able to use your mouse pointer on to scroll down.  

0 Likes

RE: Actually I prefer to uninstall such separate programs.
      Can I uninstall it?

I have removed the related "Advertising" in the past in earlier versions of Adrenalin drivers on Windows 8.1 and 10 and 7.  

RE: If yes: How can I achieve this?
The "normal" way seems not to work

I currently have Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 installed on a Windows 7 64bit  OS disk for one PC . 
I will take a look at uninstalling Advertising on that later. Method I used is on text file somewhere on that OS disk. 
I cannot remember exactly what I did on prior versions and things may have changed. 

Bye.

0 Likes
permadiyan_setiawan
Journeyman III

If you wanna Uninstall it, you better using Toll "Installing and Uninstalling" from Windows. You can download the toll in :

https://support.microsoft.com/id-id/windows/memperbaiki-masalah-yang-memblokir-penginstalan-atau-pen...

Wish you all the best. The toll is from microsoft Windows, and it is easy to use

0 Likes