Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ben-rogue
Adept I

"Add Game" causes Radeon Software to close

I've a 6700 XT on driver version 21.12.1

When selecting "Add Game" in "Gaming" tab in Radeon Software the program simply closes. No bug report screen, nothing in reliability history or event viewer... 

This has been an ongoing issue for the past 4-5 driver versions, I've done "Clean Installs" every time, even DDU-ing a couple of times and nothing has changed. I've reported this bug to AMD with every new driver version.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
amdman
Challenger

I had a problem like this, it turned out to be a utility I used called Win10OldNewExplorer because the preview pane was moved in Win 10 and I like the Win 7 preview pane at the bottom, and this tool fixes it.

I had to stop using it as it made Adrenalin crash. So it's probably something that you have installed. It can be difficult to find out what is causing it, in my case I uninstalled various tools until finally I nailed it down. I would really think it's some software or utility like in my case causing it. I hope you find a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
amdman
Challenger

I had a problem like this, it turned out to be a utility I used called Win10OldNewExplorer because the preview pane was moved in Win 10 and I like the Win 7 preview pane at the bottom, and this tool fixes it.

I had to stop using it as it made Adrenalin crash. So it's probably something that you have installed. It can be difficult to find out what is causing it, in my case I uninstalled various tools until finally I nailed it down. I would really think it's some software or utility like in my case causing it. I hope you find a solution.

I have this utility too!... Guess I'll have to uninstall when needing to add a game

0 Likes