Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Uguns-klaus
Journeyman III

Question about the AMD PRO driver for the RX580

Ugunsklaus_1-1726085020775.png

I had the 22.Q4 installed then i installed the version 23.q3.1 because the driver showed me that a new one is available.

a few days ago i searched for a new update but the driver was not showing one so i went on to the amd website to look for the newest pro driver for my card.

i saw that the newest available driver was only the 22.q4 (im using pro because i had problems with the normal adrenalin version bluescreen etc.) so i used ddu and removed the 23.q3.1 driver and freshly installed this older version. but ones i got everything setup the driver showed me tht there is already the version 24,q2 available. this is so weird am i missing something. is this version even compatible with my card. did amd forget to update their website. pls can someone explain.

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

The RX 580 is a Polaris card. Polaris/Vega are on limited support and are not supported in all new driver releases.

The most recent PRO version for your card is 22Q4.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-600-500-400/radeon-rx-500-seri...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Why do i even get the option to upgrade.

i did upgrade as described in my text and everything ran as normal.

and on the amd support subreddit one gu said that amd has a rekord of just pushing updates over the driver menu instead of showing them on the website. is that true?

0 Likes
Uguns-klaus
Journeyman III

then why was it possible to upgrade the card and it worked ????

0 Likes