cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

basslover99
Adept I

proper driver for Radeon HD 5700 series

I have an old PC still running Windows 7 service pack 1.  The card is the Radeon HD 5700 series.  I understand I should be in Windows 10 by now, etc.  I've started having problems with losing the video signal, often after the screen turns into vertical yellow, tan or reddish-purple stripes.  I also then have trouble re-booting.  This sometimes happens when I'm doing nothing on the computer.   I may also have a heat issue, since whenever I lose the video signal, the fan goes to high speed.  Although a utility to measure temperature shows all cores below 100 when this happens.  Even idling, however, all four cores run 60-70 celsius.

I imagine there may be several issues going on, most beyond the scope of this forum.

The question I was hoping to get answer to here is, what would be the best usable driver I can use in my current configuration?  The current driver was 15.200.1062.1004, from 8/3/2015.

I just let Windows search for and install what it says is an updated driver.  It went backwards, installing something dated 2/10/2010, version 8.710.0.0.  So I rolled back to the newer one.

So on the AMD website I let it select and attempt to automatically install a driver, Revision Number
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL), but received this error message: "Error 182 – Radeon™ Software Install Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported With This Software Installation"

When I tried to manually install this same driver, I got the same error message.

So is there a better driver to install?  

Any advice most appreciated!

0 Likes
9 Replies

Using an updater is can be problematic. Never regress a driver without running DDU and or installing the older driver with the Factory Reset option. That can be really bad. 

Download the latest driver here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

Rund DDU form wagnardsoft dot com. From Safe mode with the internet disconnected. Then reboot with internet still disconnected install the driver with the Factory Reset option. 

If that does not help then do the same above and return to an older driver that worked for you. 

They are on the download page under the link "Previous Drivers" towards the bottom of the page. 

Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest.  One thing first, though, which is, my Radeon is the "HD" 5700 series, and these drivers on the website say they are for the "RX" 5700 series.  I hadn't noticed this until after reading your reply.  Is HD the same as RX, or if not, maybe that's why the installation failed, because the drivers aren't designed for the HD series?

0 Likes

as the other user replayed yes you need different driver for you video card but that might now fix your problem because lot of ppl have the same problem even they install the correct driver 

0 Likes

we all have that issue it is amd gaming mode 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/find-fix-to-rx-5700-problem-working-fine-for-2-weeks-n...

check this out  it might fix your problem 

@taskforce131 wrote:

we all have that issue it is amd gaming mode 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/find-fix-to-rx-5700-problem-working-fine-for-2-weeks-n...

check this out  it might fix your problem 

Thanks for the link!  I will check out that YouTube video.

Are you saying that RX just means AMD gaming mode so that the RX and HD designations are interchangeable?

not only this 2 cards that  have this problem RX560 and RX 580 and many  other cards have the same black screen and crashes  issue . I find that odd and stupid .I was trying lot of thing to fix the problem for a years I did not give up and that pay off good for me, 4 week of 0 crash and black screen i am playing all day long 10 hours a day. I was mad but I never give up on this card and now I am having fun. 

0 Likes

Others are mistaking your older card HD5700.

Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support

Use the drop down boxes to choose your exact card model (whether yours is Mobility or desktop).

Example below (of desktop choice),

driver download.PNG

You will find 2 options of the last drivers made for your old product.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

@goodplay wrote:

Others are mistaking your older card HD5700.

Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support

Use the drop down boxes to choose your exact card model (whether yours is Mobility or desktop).

Example below (of desktop choice),

driver download.PNG

You will find 2 options of the last drivers made for your old product.

Ah, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the HD series option.  Thanks!  So either the 5750 or 5770 should work?  

0 Likes

Any of those under HD 5700 would be the same driver.

If you have issues with those. You can find even older drivers at guru3d dot com.

Just make sure to DDU each time you load a different driver.

0 Likes