cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Selk
Journeyman III

Problems with Radeon HD 7700 or AMD FX 4300

Sorry if I haven't posted this in the right location. I just created this account out of disparity and didn't read trough any of the rules yet.

So. I swept my system and reinstalled Windows 10, twice, the first time because my PC wouldn't get past the Bios setup, after I somehow broke it with the CEMU Emulator. Second time now, because I thought maybe it could help. After the first time, everything was as slow as it gets. YouTube Videos on Google Chrome would cause framedrops because the CPU Usage was Skyrocketing. The Windows-Defender Antimalware Executable sucks as much as 30% of my RAM, it feels awful. On top of that, I can't seem to find the right drivers, probably because they are "old" and not supported anymore.

But man, I don't understand how one day, the PC can run at least SOME games, and now, after reinstalling Windows 10 and searching for drivers, Dark Souls 3 crashes after 12 seconds in the Character Editor, or I can't switch windowed/fullscreen in low spec games like League of Legends without the whole PC crashing.

Right now, I'm trying to "Trial and Error" everything I possibly can, but I'm either to dumb or nothing works.

Thanks in advance for everyone who will try to help me.

0 Likes
1 Reply

This is the last supported  AMD Driver for your HD77xx GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7750

Look in Device Manager and see if there are any errors showing. Also go to Windows Event Viewer under Errors and see if any pertains to your crashing.

You also might want to run DXDIAG.exe and save the file and then go to the last catergory at the bottom of the report to see all the errors that are occurring in your PC.

0 Likes