cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

luismichelve
Journeyman III

Problems in windows when updating the adrenalin software

Hello, I am having a problem updating the driver for my graphics card. I have an RX5700XT mounted on a Ryzen 5 4600g with 32G ram on Windows 10 pro. When I update the software, everything works fine at the moment, but when I turn the machine off and on, or restart; When it tries to load Windows, it does not load the startup programs, it does not allow me to open the folders, nor does it allow me to use the start button. Once I restored the PC to its point before installing the update, the PC starts working correctly. Is there any solution to the new driver? Sorry for writing here, I couldn't figure out how to do it through the official website. Greetings. I am an enthusiast of the company, I am 49 years old and my first PC was an AMD K6, from there, I married the brand. Greetings....

0 Likes
2 Replies

Not sure if this current AMD thread is similar to yours or not: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-software-does-not-allow-applications-to-start-when...

But try installing the previous AMD Driver that did work with your PC from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-s...

Before installing a previous AMD driver go ahead and install the driver that is preventing Windows from working correctly.

Than run in a elevated Command Prompt the following simple command: SFC /scannow .

That will check your Windows for corruption and missing files.

Also make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

Next open Device Manager and see if you see any errors showing? if so please post the error code and problematic drivers.

also you can uninstall the current problematic AMD Driver and then use Device manager to install the same driver which will just install the basic driver and the software needed to run the driver but not the full featured package.

You can now direct Device Manager under "Display" to the unzipped AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD so that Device Manager will scan the folder and install the correct AMD driver.

Now see if you still have any Windows issues.

It is possible that the AMD driver or a specific feature has some sort of conflict with your Windows OS. By just installing the driver via Device Manager that will eliminate, hopefully, any features that might be in conflict. But if it still has Windows issues with just the driver installed I would then open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and see what they say from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html and then install a older previous AMD Driver that did work normally with your Windows OS.

0 Likes

Many cases like this reported on these forums since the last software version update and the vendor still without an official explanation about why a full o.s is failing, this is severe. AMD should solve this ASAP.

0 Likes